Transformers 2

here we go...
link wrote:Transformers 2 Character Breakdowns Plus New Decepticons!

With a sequel to the mega-hit Transformers coming, fans everywhere are excited about seeing old friends again on the big screen. OK BIG SPOILER WARNING PEOPLE! BEWARE...

The big questions are who will be back and what new characters will we see? Which new heroes and baddies will we get to see on the big screen this time around?

There has been some web speculation that Transformers 2 is already in production, that is not accurate, it's public knowledge that Michael Bay worked on the script during the WGA strike and once it was over it was handed over to the writing trio of Kurtzman/Orci/Kruger. So a lot of prep work has already been done on the film getting ready for the upcoming July start date, the film is definitely gearing up for the intended mid-summer start date.

Now, on with the ROBOT ROLL CALL!

First, the Decepticons will be getting some new help in the form of Constructicons. In the cartoons, their names were Scrapper, Bonecrusher, Scavenger, Mixmaster, Hook and Long Haul. And what do we get when they all combine and form one huge ass robot? That’s right boys and girls, we are going to see DEVASTATOR on the big screen!

A REALLY BIG FUCKING ROBOT IS COMING!
It's hard to tell what Michael Bay and his merry band of filmmaker friends will be calling the Constructicons in Transformers 2, but the above names will most likely change, especially considering that they used the name "Bonecrusher" in the first film.

In addition to the Constructicon news, the IESB has just been given the following human character/casting breakdowns -
[CHUCK] 19-25 yrs., Sam's roommate at Princeton. He runs a conspiracy theory website. Funny in an irreverent, edgy way, he is shocked to see his conspiracy theories come to life. (2nd Lead)

[U.S. MILITARY LEADER] Late 20s/early 30s, African American with a great sense of humor and a tough military presence. (Supporting lead)

[UK SPECIAL FORCES LEADER] British, in his early to mid 30s, smart and capable. Can be Caucasian, Black, East Indian. (Supporting lead)

[GALLOWAY] Early 40s-early 50s, male, National Security Advisor and presidential liaison. A curt man who is tightly wound. (Supporting Lead)

[PROFESSOR COLAN] 40s, Sam's physics professor at Princeton. He's a self-satisfied intellectual who compares himself to Einstein, and is arrogant enough to wear leather pants to look cool. (1 Scene)

[THERESA] Early 30s; she's Sgt. Epps' wife, has 4 kids, sassy and sexy, good with comedy. Submit African American actresses only

[MOMMA SIMMONS] This NY Momma is in her late 60s / early 70s. She runs a deli/ butcher shop with her son in Brooklyn. Tough and sarcastic. (1 Scene)

[MASSIVE DYNAMICS CEO] 50s, male, this Corporate CEO appears in front of congress to testify. (1 speech/scene)

[TEXAS CONGRESSMAN] 55-65 yrs., on a Congressional Committee investigating the purpose of the "Automated Defensive Initiative" developed by Massive Dynamics.

[FBI DIRECTOR] Mid 50s, male, giving a press release assuring the public they will be safe against attacks. (1 speech/scene)

[CNN REPORTER] Reporting on missile strikes and bombings in various cities. Submit male / female, all ethnicities (1 speech)

**On a related note, there is a rumor circulating on the Don Murphy message boards that Natassia Malthe has been cast aleady in Transformers 2, but we haven't not gotten any confirmation on that tidbit, so that's pure speculation at this point.

We have reached out to Paramount Pictures as well as to different members of the production company to confirm the above story, but they have not yet responded to our requests.

As soon as we hear something from our friends at the studio we will let you know!

Stay tuned to the IESB as we continue to bring you the latest news on Transformers 2!

Re: Transformers 2

MTV wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Rainn Wilson Joins ‘Transformers 2’ Cast As University Professor

Say what you will about the implausibility of Michael Bay movies, there’s nothing funny about giant robots chasing innocent people around a college campus.

Ok, one thing. Or, rather, one person.

That would be Rainn Wilson, who will have a small role in “Transformers 2,” as some kind of professor, “The Office” star revealed exclusively to MTV News during a Sneak Peek Week screening of his new film “The Rocker.”

“A professor that turns into a car that turns into a robot,” he laughed.

You can certainly take that last assertion with a healthy grain of salt, but only barely, since so little is known about the plot of the upcoming blockbuster sequel beyond the most basic: that it will follow Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) as a newly minted college student. For his part, Wilson was coy with more details, claiming to have not even read a full script.

But while the overall plot remains shrouded in mystery, Wilson’s casting — along with the recent announcement that Jonah Hill was offered but declined a role as Sam’s college roommate — would seem to indicate that Bay is going for a more comedic tone in his second go-round with Optimus Prime.

“Transformers 2” is currently setting up shop in Bethlehem, PA, home to Lehigh University.
comedy? that would be truly awful, especially from Bay. can't be true, can it? worst decision evar.

Rainn Wilson has been in many things playing non-comic roles. And I'm sure Jonah Hill would have only been brief comic relief. A few short scenes for chuckles. Don't worry I'm sure the second film will be just as bad as the first one without resorting to comedy. 8)
Just cut them up like regular chickens

uh... wtf???
AICN wrote:If you've ever listened to Howard Stern, you may have come across bits with & guest appearances by Beetlejuice (real name Lester Green - website HERE).

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog recently nabbed a picture of Bay on the Princeton set of REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. In the background, Green can be seen standing in the entryway of a building.

To the best of our knowledge, no one has confirmed Green's appearance in the film...although a casting call for little people apparently happened earlier in the shoot, so it's conjectured that Green nabbed said role.

If Green does appear in the film, this wouldn't be The Stern Show's first brush with Bay's TRANSFORMERS universe - Howard was asked to voice one of the robots in the first film, but declined.

BELOW: a cropped image showing Beetlejuice in the background. You can click to significantly embiggen the pic (no, that's not a little people joke).
baybeet[1].JPG
lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VH1 wrote:'Transformers 2' Co-Star Matthew Marsden Leaks Info On Sequel's 'Bot Battles
The British actor describes the multi-national task force defending the world from Decepticons.

It's the sequel to the third-highest-grossing film of last year. It is drinking from a wellspring that features more than 20 years of beloved mythology. Michael Bay is making it, so you know it will be loud, explosive and most important of all, awesome.

There are a lot of reasons to care about the sequel to "Transformers," so when fast-rising "Rambo" star Matthew Marsden came to MTV News for his first-ever interview since landing a high-profile role in the film, we revved our engines faster than Optimus Prime taking Shia LaBeouf for a joyride.

"It was one of the comic books I used to get," the affable English actor grinned when he stopped by our studio recently, discussing his lifelong obsession with the Autobots and the Decepticons. "I was an avid comic book reader as a kid; I used to get literally one every day. I'd get Spider-Man,' 'X-Men,' mainly all the Marvel comics, and Saturday was 'Transformers' day. ... I was a real big fan of 'Transformers,' and I went opening day to see the first [Michael Bay movie]. I loved it. I thought Shia was amazing. He's a very talented actor, and I think they did all the Transformers justice."

"Like everyone else," he insisted, "I want to see more."

Lately, Marsden has been receiving a front-row peek most geeks would kill for. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" recently suspended filming temporarily in anticipation of the possible SAG strike, but before it did, Marsden was able to shoot key scenes for the top-secret flick opposite Tyrese Gibson (as Sergeant Epps), Josh Duhamel (Captain Lennox), a bunch of ill-fated soldiers and one ticked-off Decepticon.

"I'm part of a multi-national force," he said of his character, Graham. "What's going on right now is I'm a British Special Forces officer that's attached to Lennox's team. Well, there's two of us initially. And we're battling the bad guys."

Revealing that his character's action scenes "hit it straight from the very beginning," Marsden said that Graham is a very intense character based on real British Special Forces officers. "I just try to be real," he said. "My character is not an amusing character. He's a soldier, so all the stuff that I did is very much rooted in reality and what I know from the experiences of my friends [who are in the military]. So, it's just very real and nothing über-spectacular.

"We went to Pennsylvania and shot at the Bethlehem Steel Plant, which was really amazing," he recalled, discussing a moment when the soldiers battle a Decepticon. "We had this scene where it's, like, 'That's where he is!' and you have to shoot at him. 'He's going that way!' It's quite a far distance away, so we had to use a laser pointer [to stand in for the robot]. It's all fun; I love that stuff.

"There are bad guys there and we have to go and get them," he said of the scene. "That's basically it."

One of only two new actors to star in the sequel (with Rainn Wilson), Marsden explained how his character is introduced in the film: "Tyrese and I work together; we're part of a team, so it's certainly implied that we've been working together for some time since the last one," he said. "U.S. Special Ops guys go off in the army and work with the British army, and it's interchangeable, and we all work from similar playbooks. ... We're a multi-national force that will go wherever it takes."

Unfortunately, his travels have not taken him to the location of the sequel's two biggest stars, LaBeouf and Megan Fox. "No, no," he explained, saying the film's plot features segmented story lines, much like the original film. "I haven't [met them] because I'm part of Lennox's team. So, we go off and we do our thing separately. We're the military unit — they're doing their other things."

Holding out hope for script pages he hasn't received yet, he added: "I presume that we're going to come together at some point.

"They're working with the Autobots, [so] they're definitely going to know some of the strengths and weaknesses of different robots," he said. "So, if they're working together with an alien life-form, which they didn't initially, then obviously they're going to know more. In the first one, they were actually finding out what they were because they didn't know. ... Now they're aware of what they are, and we're part of the task force specifically to go and deal with them. ... I just know that I've got a big chunk to come, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of action in it."

With the death of Megatron, and Starscream's return from Cybertron with reinforcements, you can expect plenty of new Transformers in the flick. "They're going to be bringing more Transformers in," Marsden revealed. "And there's definitely [some] in the scene that we do, different Transformers, so fans should be very excited."

Until the filming resumes, Marsden certainly will remain every bit as thrilled, particularly with the knowledge that his audition with Bay went so well that the director beefed-up his character's role considerably. "I just went in and met with Michael, read the lines," Marsden remembered. "We got to talking about other things, and Michael and I just hit it off. Michael's a big fan of the military, and I'm a big fan of the military, we both support the troops. ... He apparently has ramped the character up for me. I know I don't die; that's as much as I know so far, so that can't be bad, can it?"

With a second sequel possibly in his future, the actor is clearly enjoying his transformation into a leading man for one of Hollywood's most powerful franchises. "Yeah, I think it will just keep going," he grinned, looking forward to the "Revenge of the Fallen" release in June 2009. "As long as Michael is involved along with these very creative individuals, they've got the mix right. When you have [producer] Steven Spielberg involved and Michael Bay, you're in a no-lose situation."

Von wrote:Here's hoping that the "hit it straight from the very beginning," means there wont be half an hour of high-school soap drama before we get to see meagan fox naked.
ftfy

I rode in an elevator with Megan Fox last year. She's one of the few actresses who actually looks even better in person than on the screen. If I hadn't already pledged my devotion to Hilary Duff I might have jumped her right then and there. :mrgreen:

darkness wrote:I rode in an elevator with Megan Fox last year. She's one of the few actresses who actually looks even better in person than on the screen. If I hadn't already pledged my devotion to Hilary Duff I might have jumped her right then and there. :mrgreen:
i hate you.

TC wrote:i hate you.
I didn't actually say anything to her because I was trying to hook up with another girl I was with in the elevator (and did successfully I might add :mrgreen: ). Should I ever run into Fox again I'll be sure and put in a good word for you though.

saw this hilarious take on abortedfetusangel
Transformers sequel to be more sci fi?

Super Director Micheal Bay revealed to Entertainment weekly that the upcoming Transformers sequel will be more Sci Fi......(exclamation point). At first glance it would appear that robots from space that turn into cars and blow the fuck out of shit is pretty Sci Fi to begin with, you might ask yourself if it is even possible to take a story about giant talking robots and add a kernel of Science Fiction....like a talking ape or Spiderman. Maybe if Indiana Jones really discovered the Transformers and at the end of the movie Optimus Prime's head splits open and Richard Dreyfus pops out and then he thunder punches King Kong into space where he explodes and allows General Zod to escape from the Phantom Zone, setting up the middle two movies in a five part trilogy about how Earth is really GOD's butt plug. Of course if you saw the first bloody turd link of a movie you might say to yourself......fuck maybe less gay kid and more talking robots and that would be cool.

meh, not sure she needs her own thread, so here ya go:
CNN wrote:'Transformers' beauty: I had crush on stripper

Megan Fox has nothing to hide.

The candid 22-year-old "Transformers" star, who's currently engaged to actor Brian Austin Green, opened up to GQ about her love life, telling the magazine she was once in love with a female stripper. Fox, who appears on the October cover in a black bikini, said she was in the relationship when she was 18 and first living in Los Angeles alone.

"Well, that year my boyfriend broke up with me, and I decided -- oh man, sorry, mommy! -- that I was in love with this girl that worked at the Body Shop," said Fox. "I decided that I was going to get her to love me back, and I went out of my way to create a relationship with this girl, a stripper named Nikita."

Fox said Nikita would do "these beautiful slow dances to Aerosmith ballads." The actress also said she would bring the Russian stripper gifts and try to inspire her to quit her line of work.

Fox's publicist, Dominique Appel, confirmed the contents of the GQ report Monday.

Despite the brief relationship with a woman, Fox said she does not identify herself as gay.

"Look, I'm not a lesbian," said Fox. "I just think that all humans are born with the ability to be attracted to both sexes. I mean, I could see myself in a relationship with a girl -- Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She's mesmerizing. And lately I've been obsessed with Jenna Jameson, but ... oh boy."

Fox also defended Miley Cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens regarding their racy photo scandals and said that she doesn't like Disney because they take "these little girls, and they put them through entertainment school and teach them to sing and dance, and make them wear belly shirts, but they won't allow them to be their own people. It makes me sick."
8O 8O 8O

There are a variety of human sexuality studies out there that indicate women have a much more fluid sexuality than men do, stories like this don't shock me. I know tons of women who decided to screw around with girls for a while in their late teens/early twenties and went back to men. I may have even married one 8)
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Filmdrunk wrote:TRANSFORMERS 2 JUST GOT RETARDEDER

The post will contain possible Transformers 2 spoilers, so if you don’t want to know anything about the plot stop reading now. But on a serious note, if you’re worried about ruining the surprise plot twists in a movie about giant robots punching each other, congratulations, you’re a moron.
Anyway, the story, according to a Transformers message board (pause for a moment to let those last three words sink in) is that the character of Alice, played by the lovely Isabel Lucas here, may be a Pretender. I was pretty excited because I love that “Middle of the Road” song.

For those not familiar with Transformers sublines from the 1980s [aka FAGS - Ed.], Pretenders are Transformers that are hidden inside a shell that acts as their disguise. In the case of Alice, the shell will be an attractive human woman while the inner robot is best described as a hybrid of the Frenzy robot design from the first movie. The Pretender Transformer will have an arm that transforms into an energy weapon, a long tongue, and a scanning tenticle.

In other words, a hot chick on the outside and a f-cking robot that transforms into a car on the inside. She’s like a turducken you can have sex with. And then drive around in. All this movie needs now is RoboCop riding a unicorn and a pterodactyl that shits lasers. And maybe a couple tigers.
that's some funny shit right there. and i will still absolutely be seeing this movie opening weekend. i mean, wtf? i don't get what people were expecting out of a michael bay transformers movie. you know going in it's going to be retarded, mindless fun. my kids will love it. don't think they're ready for blue velvet...

in case you missed it, there was a trailer during the game yesterday. i did see this one, and it looked badass to me. here's a breakdown:
VH1 wrote:'Transformers' Sequel Super Bowl Ad, Shot By Shot: Same Hero, New Villains

'Revenge of the Fallen' commercial offers glimpses of new robots but no answers about Shia LaBeouf's hand.

Forget about Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers' quarterback may have suffered numerous concussions over the years, but he's never taken a hit quite as brutal as Optimus Prime did on this particular Super Bowl Sunday.

That's right, the first footage ever from "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" hit TV screens all over the world Sunday (February 1), and it proved bigger than the Super Bowl itself. Here's our shot-by-shot breakdown:

Shot 1: Something (Meteors? Missiles?) rain down on a fleet of aircraft carriers. Director Michael Bay has spoken in the past about his desire to give us a transforming aircraft carrier, and although producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has denied it, the opening shot of this clip is sure to stir up those rumors again. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but that sure seems like one hell of a coincidence.

Shot 2: A squiggly word that we can't read.

Shot 3: Meet the hero. Shia's Sam Witwicky looks a bit older, and a bit wiser. The bad news is that we can't see the status of his hand in the trailer. The good news is that he looks a whole lot hipper, now that he's ditched the Strokes T-shirt.

Shot 4: Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and crew on a tank, reacting to something big, alien and transforming.

Shot 5: Military helicopters getting taken out by a Decepticon with ... buzzsaws on his hands? That's pretty cool.

Shot 6: The squiggly word becomes "Revenge."

Shot 7: Some kind of four-legged, razor-toothed, spiky Decepticon dog-looking thing (Ravage?) runs across the water. Take a close look, and you'll see two humans riding in a cab behind its eyes.

Shot 8: Shia grabs an older man with an unflattering hairline and screams: "You don't stop. You don't hide. You run!" We can only assume that his next two minutes of dialogue will simply be him repeating the word "No!"

Shot 9: An exploding building gives us a tumbling Transformer, who then turns into a black sports car and speeds out of frame.

Shot 10: "Revenge" ... again? OK, we get it.

Shot 11: Mikaela (Megan Fox) standing in front of what looks like the lamp section of an IKEA, putting her hands over her mouth to stifle a scream. Try Target, Megan. Their prices are usually much more reasonable.

Shot 12: Shia squares off against a red-eyed Decepticon roughly 20 times his size.

Shot 13: After Shia is pinned, Megan and a friend react.

Shot 14: Things aren't looking good, as our hero seems cornered on the roof of a car. Could this be where Sam injures his hand?

Shot 15: Optimus Prime takes a bad hit.

Shot 16: Trying to run across a bridge, Optimus comes across a massive, three-giant-fingers-on-each-hand unicycle Decepticon that seems to dwarf the Autobot leader as if he were Shia LaBeouf. Clearly the coolest shot of the trailer, this mysterious new character is sure to get fanboys speculating. Is it the Devastator? Is it one of the six Constructicons who combine to make Devastator? Or is it a brand-new Transformer?

Shot 17: "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

Geez, they're a bit fixated on LaBeouf's hand. Who the hell cares if it looks injured or not? If they insist on fixating on body parts, let's talk about Megan Fox instead. :)