Re: Breaking Bad

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:The closing phone call in tonight's episode is brilliance defined, watch it 2-3 times and see what's going on.
On Talking Bad they were speculating that
Walt, knowing the police in all likelihood WERE listening, was trying to throw off any suspicion on Skyler
I thought that was pretty obvious.
Even she figured it out thus the knowing look and her switch to playing along.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Oh absolutely, took me a minute but as I said, watched it a couple more times, it's brilliantly done, a Heisenberg parting gift so to speak. Heartbreaking bookend to the flashback we get at the beginning of the episode too.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Can't really say anything else about this that hasn't already been said countless times. Brilliant. Breathtaking.
As a father, those last fifteen minutes or so hit home, hard. Almost choked up for a second.

My prediction for the end:
Walt comes out of hiding (which we saw in the flash forward) to save Jesse and ends up sacrificing his life to do so, thereby redeeming himself.
Either that or Walt discovers he died back in season one and everything after that has been purgatory.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

TC wrote: todd could be the last man standing.
That's as plausible as anything I've heard.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

darkness wrote:My prediction for the end:
Walt comes out of hiding (which we saw in the flash forward) to save Jesse and ends up sacrificing his life to do so, thereby redeeming himself.
Either that or Walt discovers he died back in season one and everything after that has been purgatory.
That is the theory I'm floating. I don't think he cowboys up just to go get his money. Next week's episode should be very telling.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Actually, after reading this piece :http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013 ... d-terrible I'm revising my opinion. I'm wondering if
(first, why am I spoiler tagging a theory? Oh well) someone from Walt's family gets taken out next week and he simply comes back to attack whoever killed Skylar/Walt Jr/Holly. The teaser for next week's episode hints at continued danger for the family, and Walt really doesn't deserve much redemption that he could provide by helping Jessie

Yeah, this one was pretty expositional and didn't quite feel like it was in the same universe with so much in a
snowy forest with a brand new character (Forster) getting a lot of screen time this late in the game.
Will re-watch today, but it doesn't match the intensity of the last two as you said. Although
Todd certainly does steal the show, doesn't he? Another somewhat jarring example of relatively new characters taking a lot of screen time, although Todd is a welcome addition to the canon 'o nasty.

Probably all of the above are at work. So, Walt's plans have all gone to shit, his priorities appear to be fucked (this of course describes the entirety of the series, but is particularly germaine to recent events), any thoughts on how marching back home with a big gun he barely knows how to operate will work out? Any finale predictions?

I don't want to make predictions. But the always clever ep titles go up until the finale....not seeing any sort of happy ending here.

Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears.

Edit.. well now that i've looked into it more, there's about 2 or 3 good Felina references that would fit.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Yeah, the old song about the doomed cowboy is probably part of it too. And it's an anagram for finale.

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;
Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,
Wicked and evil while casting a spell.
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;
I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

One night a wild young cowboy came in,
Wild as the West Texas wind.
Dashing and daring,
A drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina,
The girl that I loved.

So in anger I

Challenged his right for the love of this maiden.
Down went his hand for the gun that he wore.
My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat;
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.

Just for a moment I stood there in silence,
Shocked by the FOUL EVIL deed I had done.
Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there;
I had but one chance and that was to run.

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran,
Out where the horses were tied.
I caught a good one.
It looked like it could run.
Up on its back
And away I did ride,

Just as fast as I

Could from the West Texas town of El Paso
Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico.

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless.
Everything's gone in life; nothing is left.
It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden
My love is stronger than my fear of death.

I saddled up and away I did go,
Riding alone in the dark.
Maybe tomorrow
A bullet may find me.
Tonight nothing's worse than this
Pain in my heart.

And at last here I

Am on the hill overlooking El Paso;
I can see Rosa's cantina below.
My love is strong and it pushes me onward.
Down off the hill to Felina I go.

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys;
Off to my left ride a dozen or more.
Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me.
I have to make it to Rosa's back door.

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel
A deep burning pain in my side.
Though I am trying
To stay in the saddle,
I'm getting weary,
Unable to ride.

But my love for

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,
Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle.
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.

Ha, until it got overrun by fanboys, the phone number on the vacuum repair shop was a working line that would get you to a voicemail message done by Forster.