Re: Breaking Bad

darkness wrote:Just finally watched this (and by watched I mean the whole series so far). Seasons one and two were tedious at times and I almost didn't keep going but I'm glad I did. It really picked up in season three. I'm eager to see how they wrap things up at the end of the series. Part of me wants to see Walt get payback for all the shit he's caused. Mike was right, everything was going along fine until Walt showed up. Whatever he touches turns to death and destruction. On the flip side, I kind of like the idea of him being the one who causes so much chaos yet always comes through relatively unscathed.
Agreed that they wobble a little bit early on but from S3 forward it's relentless.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Agreed that they wobble a little bit early on but from S3 forward it's relentless.
I think the show kicks into overdrive much earlier, with "Crazy Handful of Nothin'", the sixth episode of S1, when "Heisenberg" blows up Tuco's hideout.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Agreed that they wobble a little bit early on but from S3 forward it's relentless.
I think the show kicks into overdrive much earlier, with "Crazy Handful of Nothin'", the sixth episode of S1, when "Heisenberg" blows up Tuco's hideout.
I would agree with that, for sure. It's a pivotal moment in the development of Heisenberg/Walt.

I think there's a bit of meander as they deal with Walt's cancer. Once they really backburner that I think the show gets a better rhythm, personally. But every season is pretty great in its own right.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I don't know, even the original Tuco plot (not talking about his family getting revenge) kind of dragged as well for me. Though certainly that was the point when the path turned for Walt. But yeah, once they got beyond him trying to pay the bills for cancer it seemed like the show really picked up.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

We have finally caught up. Saw episode 8 of the last season tonight and man... These last seven episodes are going to explode.
I predict Walt will stand there at the end of it all. Having won, having survived it all and yet with nothing left. Family dead/gone, fortune gone, Jesse gone, etc. Sounds fitting for the show as a whole.
Along with Twin Peaks, the finest television I've ever experienced.

I know yours is a popular theory but I don't think it's going to be that cut and dried. I just know I'm going to miss it when it's gone, but it's about the perfect time to end it.

It'll end with him getting impaled on the end of the ship's spike and disappearing into a ring. And some rockin' Queen music. Though I may be getting this confused with something else.

darkness wrote:It'll end with him getting impaled on the end of the ship's spike and disappearing into a ring. And some rockin' Queen music. Though I may be getting this confused with something else.
That would be a fantastic ending though.

Apparently one popular Internet idea is for Walt to end up in witness protection, and then that's the start of Malcolm in the Middle.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I like it! If they could get whoever played his wife back to shoot one scene as a DVD extra alternative ending...

Of course you don't get a fake family when you go into witness protection. So Malcolm would have to take place years after witness protection when he'd met his wife and had kids. But really, who would he be a witness against at this point? Almost everyone else is dead.

obviously, before he spawns the family, he becomes a dentist in new york under the name tim whatley.
967092_10100559025215886_1660872179_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TC wrote:obviously, before he spawns the family, he becomes a dentist in new york under the name tim whatley.
967092_10100559025215886_1660872179_o.jpg
This is all some serious tin foil-hat shit.

"It's all connected, man!"