Breaking Bad

Appears to be worth your time if you're an "edgy cable network drama" fan. Watched the pilot last night, it's pretty nicely executed and makes great use of the dad from Malcolm in the Middle. Although the subject matter's quite different, I was reminded in tone of Nip/Tuck and the like.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

It's brand new, and it's on amc. Basically about a nebbish but brilliant high school chemistry teacher who discovers he's got terminal lung cancer and decides to figure out a way to set up his family financially--so far, that plan would appear to be cooking and selling meth. Funny and dark.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

The wife is a fan of this one. To me it just seems that AMC wanted its own "Weeds". It's very similiar, if a little darker than the tales of Clan Botwin.

It's worth checking out, even if it hasn't grabbed me by the huevos yet.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

watched it last night. at least, most of it, as i fell asleep. seems like i'm missing some great detail and jumping in in the middle of a bunch of stuff, but it seems pretty cool. i like it more than Weeds, of which i also saw one episode.

will keep watching, thanks for the tip.

Yeah, try to catch the pilot and what you saw last night will make quite a bit more sense, the pilot's great.

Never seen Weeds, my aunt loves it but our tastes tend to diverge a fair amount.

I hope you didn't fall asleep before the tub cave-in.

Alexhead wrote:Yeah, try to catch the pilot and what you saw last night will make quite a bit more sense, the pilot's great.

Never seen Weeds, my aunt loves it but our tastes tend to diverge a fair amount.

I hope you didn't fall asleep before the tub cave-in.
hm, apparently i did. will have to find these episodes on teh intertubes.

Don't know if you have digital cable or not, but we watched the pilot for free on On Demand.

Let's just say that chemistry teacher really knows his potent acids.

Alexhead wrote:Don't know if you have digital cable or not, but we watched the pilot for free on On Demand.

Let's just say that chemistry teacher really knows his potent acids.
yeah, i remember the plan & the coin flip.

will check ondemand, thanks for the tip.

Re: Breaking Bad

bump for recent mention.

i never did finish the first season (saw a couple beyond what's mentioned above) but have all of the 2nd so far recorded and plan to catch up asap, now that most of the shows i was watching are on hiatus.

:)

If you can, watch the whole Season 1...Season 2 starts off literally moments after Season 1 ends as the Season 1 "cliffhanger" is only the beginning of shit going downhill that particular day...that and Season 1's got plenty of fun stuff to recommend otherwise.

Excellent, it's hardly relaxing but boy is it good. Last two episodes of the season will have you in the bathtub with a straight razor.

it's apparently a spoof of some regional ad obama did. seems low-percentage, but this pic helps:
weatherproof[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.