Re: Breaking Bad

Nice. I admit, I gave out a delighted squeal when Forster made his entrance.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:Nice. I admit, I gave out a delighted squeal when Forster made his entrance.
Me too! Makes for a weird episode after the last two, to give that much screen time to a new character worked pretty nicely with him. Closest thing to a friend Walt will ever have again. A friend who only charges $5,000/hr to spend time with him.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Goddamn, tied up with a bloody bow. And subverting internet expectations throughout.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

darkness wrote:My prediction for the end:
Walt comes out of hiding (which we saw in the flash forward) to save Jesse and ends up sacrificing his life to do so, thereby redeeming himself.
I believe I called that one.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

HA.
i don't think that was his intent going there, but once he saw what was happening he couldn't help himself. even gave jesse the option to do whatever it was that made him feel better. heisenberg and humanity intersect in his final moments. then he revisits his true love and pays his respects to the chemistry. either way, nice guess!

No, I think he fully went there with the intent of saving Jesse. Once Walt found out he was cooking again Walt knew it was against his will, given the condition Jesse was in the last time he saw him. So it was not a last minute decision. That said, Walt being Walt, the bigger reason for going there was to get payback for them stealing his money. So it wasn't entirely noble. But in the end Walt got as much redemption as he could at this point. He saved Jesse, got money to his kids and admitted to Skyler his real reasons for what he did. Then died with his only real love, his chemistry.

Also, and maybe it's just me who's reading too much into this, he saved Jesse from any criminal suspicions by placing himself in that lab and killing everyone who could have incriminated Pinkman. His family walks, Jesse walks, he does not.

Man... What an ending... What a show... It's going to take me some time to digest all of this and come back with any sort of final point. A landmark television drama. Easily the best I've ever seen alongside Twin Peaks (and again, I may be reading to much into things, but didn't some of Gilligans shot in the final episode look weirdly Lynchian?).

And I cried like a baby when Walt said his final goodbye to his daughter. That just wrecked me completely.

Have never seen Breaking Bad. So much hype, tell me it's not as shit as The Sopranos or Game of Thrones. A show I did quite like, Copper, got cancelled this week tho, and The Newsroom ended too, although that's been renewed I hear. Second season of Revolution looks promising if it follows through.

I like Breaking Bad much, much better than The Sopranos or Game of Thrones (the former I only made it to season three before it got tired to me and I gave up). I'm not sure which I like better though, The Newsroom or Breaking Bad. Either way, Sunday night TV sucks now without either of them. Breaking Bad is a bit clunky in the first couple of seasons, but if you stick with it until season three it really picks up.

A well received, expertly crafted and acted show that millions of people love and praise? Klimmy will hate it, of course.

Alexhead wrote:A well received, expertly crafted and acted show that millions of people love and praise? Klimmy will hate it, of course.
no, the implication was, "i know you all think it's good, but really, to actual fellow lovers of the craft, is it good?"