Re: Breaking Bad

fuckin' a. hence my last "can you walk" statement. i'm sure it was confusing, given it's a pic of the old man in a wheelchair, but yeah... caught the hell up. just incredible.

I appreciate the fact that they've developed a core set of characters and we're pretty much going to stick with them until the (inevitably bitter) end. No need to throw a bunch of new shit in the mix at this point of the game. I was watching a bit of this week's episode again last night, the early conversation between Walt and Jesse, millionaires standing by their shitty cars talking about their banal lives and how they were dead no matter what happens...pretty much note-perfect, and of course a nice bookend to their "conversation" at the end.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

And more with teh awesomeness as our penultimate season draws to a close. Pretty much figured the overall denoument, although the details were as usual surprising, very clever and quite satisfying. Can't wait to see how they wrap things up next year, and I will definitely miss this show despite the fact that it will be high time to wrap up the adventures of Jesse and Walt.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Awesome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TC wrote:holy fucking shit i just now finished watching the finale.
Walt is a bad, bad man.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

The gag they pull with Gus' last scene is quite possibly the best sight gag in the history of filmed entertainment. Because you know every single BB fan in the world's jaw hit the floor in disbelief as he walked out of that hospital room, then cratered through the floor as the camera panned around.

Because we would have bought that dude was some kind of immortal at this point. Seriously, it's been since Hannibal Lecter that we've had such a great villain to stand in awe of/root for.

So does Mike return next season, you think?

yeah, that's one loose end i was wondering about. as far as we know, he's still lying on a gurney in some barn in mexico. top notch medical care, i'm sure he's fine....

Vince implies to the NYT that Mike will be back:

Q. Given that Walt and Jesse know even less about Gus, and don’t know why he was so important that the cartel could not kill him, could their assassination of him come back to haunt them?

A. That’s a good question. We will be getting into that when the writers’ room reopens in November. But I can think of one gentleman who may have a problem with it, who’s a bit closer to home, who is Mike, played by Jonathan Banks. [laughs heartily] Mike may have a problem with what transpired, and I wouldn’t want Mike mad at me, I can tell you that.

Q. I don’t think I’d want Jonathan Banks mad at me, either.

A. No. And I’ve had Jonathan mad at me, and it’s not pleasant.

Read the whole interview here: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... /?emc=eta1
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

there's a great (and long) interview with gilligan here - http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breakin ... gus-jesse/. here's one bit i will call out for you:
I just wanted to ask about the next phase of the show, the final season. Have you started the process of writing Season 5 and and do you think that will air in two separate parts?
The second part of the question -- that's definitely up to AMC as to how they air it, but I get the feeling they're thinking about airing it in two halves, in two eight-episode seasons, so it'll be, as it were, [season] 5 and [season] 6. But we are going to open up the writer's room hopefully in the middle of November, and I'm going to get all my writers back and we'll be plugging away on the last 16 episodes. And it's kind of a bittersweet thing.
sweet.