Re: Breaking Bad

holy shit. i mean, really. i don't even know what to say. my heart is racing and i'm stressed. this is infuriating, having to wait until next year for the final 8. FUUUUUCK!!! this show has to go down as one of the greatest achievements in television of all time. truly amazing.

TC wrote: my heart is racing and i'm stressed.
It was in Season 2/Season 3 that I started feeling this every Sunday when I'd watch the show, and when I realized that yes, as you say, this is one of the greatest accomplishments in network t.v. entertainment. It gets under your skin the way nothing else really does.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

massive spoilers here, but if you're caught up, click to embiggen the BB death toll chart:
original.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm probably the last one in the world to see this, but the girlfriend and I have started this week. We've come to the last episode of the first seasons and man, what a show this is. One of the best I have ever seen.

_Marcus_ wrote:I'm probably the last one in the world to see this, but the girlfriend and I have started this week. We've come to the last episode of the first seasons and man, what a show this is. One of the best I have ever seen.
It only gets better/worse. Enjoy.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Well you said it would only get better... That was no lie. GODDAMN. We just finished the third season and it was just one friggin' amazing episode after another. Besides all the obvious stuff, what gets me the most is the razor sharp writing. The arcs of all of the characters are completely outrageous and yet also completely logical, every step of the way. I haven't seen a show that's done it this well. That ending of the second to last episode
(where Walt ran over those two drug dealers and killed one of them in cold blood without even blinking)
was not possible just a season before that. But when it happened, it was both shocking and completely logical.

We just finished the fourth season, and what an amazing end. Absolutely breathtaking in both writing and execution. If they hadn't renewed the series for a fifth season, this would have been a more than acceptable end to it.

I think watching our man walk out of that hospital room, then the camera pan, is probably one of the coolest damn things I'll ever see on television.

Season 5 part one or whatever the fuck they call these split seasons nowadays is full of plenty more fun, don't you worry.

Yes, that scene was amazing! Me and the missus have re-watched that several times :)

The final shot, and the way they set that up, wrote and executed it, was perhaps the highest of highpoints in the series so far.

Just finally watched this (and by watched I mean the whole series so far). Seasons one and two were tedious at times and I almost didn't keep going but I'm glad I did. It really picked up in season three. I'm eager to see how they wrap things up at the end of the series. Part of me wants to see Walt get payback for all the shit he's caused. Mike was right, everything was going along fine until Walt showed up. Whatever he touches turns to death and destruction. On the flip side, I kind of like the idea of him being the one who causes so much chaos yet always comes through relatively unscathed.
Just cut them up like regular chickens