Re: Chuck

special two hour premier sunday jan 10, regular slot monday jan 11.

can't. fucking. wait.

if you haven't seen season 2 yet, don't watch this. spoilers abound.

HATE the new haircut on chuck. he looks like greg brady now. love sarah.... love.

not a big fan of chuck's new haircut, but as long as the quality keeps up...
chuck_ver4[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heh, the haircut. I thought I was being a little nit-picky when I saw that on ads last night. Looking forward to sunday.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

More possible good news on the Chuck front. NBC finally put Leno's primetime show out of its misery today. That means they have a lot of holes to fill. If Chuck does moderately well, maybe they'll bump up the episode order from the existing 19 to a full 23-24 episode season.
darkness wrote:Anyway, all that just to say that I really think Leno is going to tank and Chuck, if canceled, may get a second chance.
Did I call that one or what?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

you are psychic.

watched the first two episodes (sunday night's) last night. fucking great. i am so goddamn happy this show is back on the air. i had a huge grin on my face all night.

TC wrote:you are psychic.
No psychic powers needed. I just have common sense, something network execs lack.

The season has been a bit Ellie and Devon heavy for my tastes, and not enough Buy More. That said, they first three episodes have been good fun. Nice to have watchable TV back again.

got caught up on the last couple episodes yesterday. while they have been fun, not nearly as good for me as the previous seasons. the arc-ing guest stars are getting played especially when they are people i can't really stand, like routh. don't like him, don't like his character, and apparently he's going to be in at least a few more episodes. kreuk, while i used to think she was cute when smallville first started, well... if you read my ranting in the smallville threads about her, you know i can't fucking STAND her. she may very well be a fine actor, but i would have no idea as her lana character made me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a spork for far too long. i can never see her as anything but FUCKING ANNOYING and a useless plot device.

so, yeah - getting really concerned that the writers are going to ruin a great show. needs to pick up quick. and yeah, more buy more, less awesome & ellie.

here's a still from tonight's episode:
500x_chuck_305_001[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I finally caught up on Chuck today. While I don't quite share the Kreuk hatred, she and Routh are both unnecessary additions. Especially Routh, who's ruining the dynamic of the team. I see where they're going with it. They're going to try to throw a wrench in the works by having Chuck fall for Kreuk and Sarah will feel close to Routh because they both share the loss of a spy they were in love with. They've introduced the two characters to try to shake up Chuck and Sarah's relationship. But there were other ways they could have done that without sticking extra characters into an already crowded show.
Glad to see a bit more Buy More action this week at least.

while i haven't watched this week's episode yet, i figured that's what was up. had the discussion with someone else that - didn't they already do this to sarah... twice? bryce, then the other agent guy last season. it's really getting old, and i agree, is completely unnecessary.

c'mon man, i LOVE this show. do not fuck it up!!!

Good news for you guys, I read this is currently NBC's third highest rated show (behind The Office and Modern Family, I think), so your chances of yet another season are very good.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

so i got caught up on this season last night. sigh, gotta say - it really seems like the writers are mailing this in. no idea what happened, as the first two seasons the scripts were super-smart but now there is at least one major flub and/or continuity error per episode, sometimes more. like they forgot which characters were in a scene previously and have one that wasn't repeat what was said, shit like that. monday night's episode was fun, with Paulie Walnuts as guest star, and i still love sarah, but really - this whole overlying arc is fucking boring. i don't give two shits about the two side dark haired "love interests". they've been spending zero time at the buy more, which has been the source of much of the comedy in the previous seasons. it's just... really frustrating to watch this. i still like it, but the show could be epic again so easily.

:|

i guess one good thing is that it seems chuck is having second thoughts about being a super spy. that to me is the one thing that really changed the dynamic of the show. can they go back? we'll see.

Alexhead wrote:Good news for you guys, I read this is currently NBC's third highest rated show (behind The Office and Modern Family, I think), so your chances of yet another season are very good.
NBC is breaking rule #1: always show your highest rated programs on your own network.

I finally got caught up on the last few weeks of Chuck. Most of them where meh, but the latest one was pretty good. Lots of crazy Buy More action, which has been sorely missing this season. And it's good to see Chuck and Morgan's friendship renewed. They seemed to have forgotten that lately. Now if they would just dump Superman maybe the show can get fully back on track.

AICN has a ratings rundown that indicates Chuck may not be back next fall, so enjoy 'em while you got 'em.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

i love that they fuck the show all up then can't figure out why the ratings are different.

fucking hollywood. so typical, so ignorant. sigh.

watched last week's episode last night, it was much better - agreed mike.

I'm done with this show. Sarah's gone retarded. "I can't love chuck now that he's a spy and killer. It will drive me straight into the arms of another spy and killer." This whole real spy business has derailed the entire narrative, imo. The product placement is scoldably horrible. Bah. I guess I should just wait 15 years and hope the nostalgia-fueled movie remake is good.

PZ wrote:Sarah's gone retarded. "I can't love chuck now that he's a spy and killer. It will drive me straight into the arms of another spy and killer."
I can buy Sarah losing interest in Chuck because he's changed. I can't buy the part where she's fallen for someone who's exactly like what he's changed into.
PZ wrote:This whole real spy business has derailed the entire narrative, imo.
I couldn't agree more. Making Chuck a full spy (or training to be one) has caused the show to jump the shark. They've lost everything that made Chuck, Chuck. Part of the appeal of the show was that Chuck was the everyman thrust into an extraordinary situation. Now they've made him just like the other CIA members (maybe a bit squeemish about killing, but otherwise). And they've destroyed the team dynamic by bringing Superman in.
PZ wrote:The product placement is scoldably horrible.
I didn't notice any product placement. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish my Subway footlong. For some reason I felt like having one tonight.

Killing off that stupid superman guy should have been done by now, like as soon as he appeared.Tons of hot chicks before and now this doucher sticks around for multiple episodes? Buy More + hot chicks + cheesy fight scenes with that one same techno-ish track they used to always play in the background - superdouche = good show again. Damn I want me some subway.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Between last week's episode and tonight's, I think it's safe to say the series has not just jumped the shark, it's rocketed over it and is orbiting in space somewhere. What they hell are they thinking? Supposedly tonight is the make or break episode for the series. If the ratings are good, it might survive another season. As much as I used to like this show, I can't say it deserves renewal based on this season.
We'll see what happens when it comes back in a couple of weeks. They did sort of hit the reset button at the end, so maybe they've realized they went too far off the path and are going to try to fix it.