Re: Chuck

Actually just read a Variety article on bubble shows today that says Chuck is in pretty good shape for renewal.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

The ratings have been going up a bit thanks to repeats the last few weeks. On the flip side, the show cost more to produce than others. Still, it looks like Heroes may get another season, and that cost even more, so Chuck may see another season. I just hope the writers can right (or write) the ship and get things back on track.

At least they finally killed off Superman. I don't think I've ever been happier to see a character's dead body floating in the water. Too bad they didn't do it about four episodes ago.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

just got caught up on the last two weeks. last week's episode finally had an interesting twist. it took me by such surprise - not the twist, because you could kind of see that coming - but the fact that they actually tried to have some kind of plot twist. i was kind of shocked. then watched this week, and yeah - FUCKING FINALLY done with the dual superman connection. routh should have been gone with kreuk. talk about the thing that wouldn't leave.... but he's finally gone. the morgan thing... what? that's a head scratcher. but yeah, it felt like they were hitting reset. casey's back, the ring is probably gone for a bit, the fake "romantic triangle" shit seems to be done... it might come back. i just hope it's not too little too late. we'll see. i'll only forgive this season if they come back strong.

still love sarah.

I always thought that "shot and falls into water" was code for "not really dead".

But I'm glad that Sarah's rules about when Chuck gets to kill people and when he doesn't have been met to her satisfaction.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

TC wrote: PZ, your last sentence made me spit coffee out my nose.
Like, literally? That sounds really unpleasant. I totally apologize.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

holy shit, FINALLY a GREAT episode this season last night!!! so awesome in so many ways. hope that sets the bar for the rest of the season! highly recommend everyone watch at least the first 15 minutes. well, at least the guys. wait, who am i kidding, no females here lol.

Finally watched the last episode. I agree, that was probably one of the best of the season, not just for the gratuitous Yvonne Strahovski underwear scenes. In fact, if they ended the series on that episode I probably would have said it was a fitting end. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the rest of the season.

Tonight's episode was only so-so, but not bad like a lot of the earlier ones this season. I do wish they'd kept Ellie and Awesome out of the series now though. They'd pretty much served their purpose and really don't have much to do now that Chuck has a life. I thought when they left last week that was the end of them, but it seems not.

Pretty good episode. You can tell the way they shot it that had the series been canceled, they could have just cut the end right at the spot were they were celebrating. They could lose Chuck getting the computer message and jand everything after that and no one would have been the wiser. Good to see it get renewed though. A lot of this season wasn't very good, but by the end it found it's footing again.
I hope Chuck's dad leaped out before he died.

agreed on all counts. that's what i was thinking too, they didn't know they were getting picked up before they filmed this and they tacked on the end. which, btw, wasn't bad for a quick cliffhanger. sarah was far too clothed, though. :) did love the buy more action.

I hope this doesn't mean the Buy More is gone from the show. I realize it's kind of outlived its usefulness as a cover for them. But it provides some of the best comic moments of the show.

first show of next season will be staring... olivia munn! can't wait for that one... wow.

here are three posters from comic-con, the official one (war games inspired) and two fan-made ones:
chuck_comic_con_poster_01.jpg
wardec08.jpg
chuck_comic_con_poster_02.jpg
chuck_comic_con_poster_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

some spoilers ahead, if you care stop reading now:
io9 wrote:You'll never guess who's running the Buy More in Chuck season four!

NBC's Chuck will be following in the footsteps of Alias, swapping daddy issues for mom mysteries. The search for Chuck's mom will drive the fourth season, producers told Comic Con. Spoilers ahead...

The Chuck panel at Comic Con was hilarious - first there was the announcement of Linda Hamilton was playing Chuck's mom, and then the video screens filled with an Intersect test, that would kill most of the audience members. "Have a nice day," the message said, before bombarding us with a bewildering array of images. And then Chuck and Morgan appeared on the screen. Chuck introduced himself as Charles Carmichael and then Morgan said he was Javier Bardem - to which Chuck retorted that this isn't how cover names work, you can't claim to be a real living person.

They searched for a video to put on, to forestall the Ring from showing us the lethal Intersect test again, and rifled through DVDs marked Tron Legacy, The Avengers, Captain America and Serenity, before putting on something called Jeffster Dance Video - which turned out to be Jeffster doing some killer moves to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Mostly Lester dancing while Jeff spritzed him, in front of a greenscreen which turned into various insane backgrounds.

And then Jeffster came out on stage, dancing in the same outfits they were wearing in the video.

A lot of the panel and discussion in the roundtable interviews afterwards had to do with Chuck's mom. We'll glimpse Linda Hamilton in the first episode, and we'll see more of her after that. During the roundtable interviews, we asked producers Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak whether they were thinking about Alias when they decided to shift the focus to Chuck's mom, and Fedak said:
Absolutely. The Chuck writing staff is a very nerdy staff, and we really enjoy spy shows... The moment you start talking about a spy mom you have to consider other shows [and] Alias is something we've considered, as well as things that have happened in other shows that have introduced this type of character. And also with the casting of linda hamilton, we wanted to find someone who could kind of be two things: a perfect mom-type character, but also someone who would have have this flipside that would be fun for us. In our first episode we really subvert the expectations [of the audience].
And where the "flipside thing comes in is that Chuck's mom is kind of a scary spy, who can be a sweet mom and then suddenly show her intense spy side.

So the Buy More was blown up at the end of the last season, but it'll be back this year — only now, it's wholly owned and operated by the CIA, staffed by elite CIA operatives. Big Mike will be sort of a front man, who runs the place but doesn't really know what's going on. "Big Mike, I don't think should ever find out the spy world, because in spy films, the black guy is always the first to go," joked Mark Christopher Lawrence in the roundtable interviews.

In the first episode, Olivia Munn will appear as Greta, a Buy More exec who's also a top spy. And in every episode after that, there'll be a different Greta, who'll always have that name regardless of gender. The second episode's visiting Buy More exec? Isaiah Washington, the "I'm on a horse" guy from the Old Spice commercials. Other guest stars include "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren.

Chuck and Sarah will be a full-blown couple this year, and the producers said they've learned their lesson about putting anyone in between those two. Also, in the roundtables, Ryan McPartlin hinted that Ellie and Awesome will be refocusing on their home life now that they think the spy craziness is over — and this may mean a little Baby Awesome could be on the way. We'll find out more in the first episode, McPartlin said.

The last person to know Chuck's a spy will be Jeff - and chances are he wouldn't even remember it the next day, said the producers.

The big conflict of the season will be Chuck being torn between his father asking him to find his mom, and Ellie asking him to quit being a spy. He'll be torn between those two promises, and he'll try to juggle them. Ellie will once again be in the dark about Chuck's activities, because she'll believe that Chuck is keeping his promise to quit spying. So in fact, even though Ellie's learned Chuck's secret, not much will have changed in their relationship.

Oh and someone asked Adam Baldwin during the roundtables what his secret for playing the perpetually snarling/sneering Casey is, and he said it's an acting technique called "substitution." He has a mantra running through his head all the time, saying "I hate people." Or sometimes, "I hate incompetence." Which makes it even funnier that Casey is frequently incompetent himself, and gets himself "beat up by girls" on a regular basis.

Chuck returns to your screens on Sept. 20.
can't wait!!

I'm cautiously optimistic. But I was equally optimistic about what I'd heard for last season and we see how that turned out. Amusing that they could get Linda Hamilton to do TV for this but not for the character she's best known for on SCC. And thank god Olivia Munn is only in one episode. I know you like her TC, but she annoys the hell out of me. Not to mention she's usually cast in things solely to get free geek press out of it.

her reaching critical mass has made her way overexposed. sometimes she's even grating on me. i understand. she's funny on colbert, but not sure she can act.