just finished last night's episode with the fucking surprise ending of all endings. loving this show.

so, the theme song - it's gotta be Cake, right? it's got that distinctive Cake sound. i'd like to get it without the sound effects over it.

Yeah, the show has been pretty consistantly good, unlike most of the other shows I started out watching this season (don't even get me started on the crap that Bionic Woman has sunk to).
The theme song is Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Yeah, the show has been pretty consistantly good, unlike most of the other shows I started out watching this season (don't even get me started on the crap that Bionic Woman has sunk to).
The theme song is Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake.
yeah, i quit watching bionic woman a couple of weeks ago. it was just downright terrible. too bad, as it had potential to be really good.

thanks for the info on the tune - now to find it & turn it into a ringtone. :)

C

TC wrote:just finished last night's episode with the fucking surprise ending of all endings. loving this show.
Last night's was even better. Damn writers, get back to work! I want to see how this plays out. It seems like the show, after setting up a workable weekly formula for Chuck's missions, now has the opportunity to head off in a completely different direction.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
TC wrote:just finished last night's episode with the fucking surprise ending of all endings. loving this show.
Last night's was even better. Damn writers, get back to work! I want to see how this plays out. It seems like the show, after setting up a workable weekly formula for Chuck's missions, now has the opportunity to head off in a completely different direction.
i ranked last night's probably below the previous couple. it was still (Captain) awesome and next season seems like eons away, but parts of it felt sort of mailed in as far as writing in comparison with some of the previous episodes.

still, great great show. wasn't expecting that ending either. can't wait for next season!

also, thought the Heroes finale was pretty damn cool too.

Anyone else notice how they gave Baldwin one of his old Animal Mother lines: "Flush out your head gear, new guy..." :wink:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

From Full Metal Jacket.

You guys are still surprising me with the Chuck love...every time I watch it (have seen about half the episodes) I always think "I wonder if this show knows what it wants to be when it grows up." Really a tonal mess, and the soap opera stuff with the blond--no to mention any plot whatsoever with his annoying sidekick at the Nerd Herd desk, which we always seem to get one of, every damn week--just about makes me puke. I've probably posted all these comments already in this thread, but my impressions of the show are not changing with each week. I've tried. Baldwin is to this show what Wise is to Reaper, the only reason to watch it. I'll take Wise over Baldwin though. Only so many hours to waste in the day.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:You guys are still surprising me with the Chuck love...every time I watch it (have seen about half the episodes) I always think "I wonder if this show knows what it wants to be when it grows up." Really a tonal mess, and the soap opera stuff with the blond--no to mention any plot whatsoever with his annoying sidekick at the Nerd Herd desk, which we always seem to get one of, every damn week--just about makes me puke. I've probably posted all these comments already in this thread, but my impressions of the show are not changing with each week. I've tried. Baldwin is to this show what Wise is to Reaper, the only reason to watch it. I'll take Wise over Baldwin though. Only so many hours to waste in the day.
wow, really? that all reads like completely insanity to me. reaper became unwatchable after a couple episodes whereas chuck makes you (me) want to watch it more with each passing episode.

i think all of the acting is spot-on, i think all of the characters are completely appropriate, and sara makes me feel all funny in my no-no places.

Oh, Reaper's got a lot more working against it than Chuck--at least Chuck is trying to establish some mythology/ongoing backstory, and you wanna talk about painfully bad love story, Reaper's your show--but tonally Chuck is really cutesy, which undermines all the action; it's not funny enough to be a straight up comedy, but certainly not serious enough to be a good spy/action show; most if not all of the secondary stories and characters suck; and you can find blondes to inspire your no-nos on any show, so that's a wash. So sez me anyhoo :twisted:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:and sara makes me feel all funny in my no-no places.
And sometimes that's all it takes to get me to watch a show. :mrgreen:

I dug that line from last night: "Yeah, it must've been some other busty, long-legged blonde... they're a dime a dozen..." :P

C'mon, Alexhead, join in on the "Chuck love." It's a fun show, with likable characters and diverting adventures every week.
and you can find blondes to inspire your no-nos on any show
Yeah, but this particular blonde is special. :o

O-dot wrote:
C'mon, Alexhead, join in on the "Chuck love." It's a fun show, with likable characters and diverting adventures every week.
Tried, and tried again. Don't think it's going to stick, especially with the strike break.

watching it again now.

"You ever wish you were born a dog, a dolphin, Dr. Dre? I mean, who's cheating on Dre?"

epic.

Zap2it wrote:'Chuck' Gets One More Showcase
Final pre-strike episodes set for Jan. 24

"Chuck" is returning to NBC, for all of one night.

The show's final two episodes for the foreseeable future will air at 8 and 10 p.m. ET Thursday, Jan. 24, the network announced Wednesday. They'll be sandwiched around an episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice" and take the place of comedy repeats (at 8) and "ER" (at 10).

They also represent the end of "Chuck's" initial 13-episode order and the last episodes completed before the onset of the writers' strike two months ago. NBC has picked up the series for a full season, ensuring that, whenever the strike does end, the show will be back.

When last we saw the show in early December, Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) had reached an uneasy, "just friends" stage in their CIA asset-handler relationship, while Casey (Adam Baldwin) got orders from higher-ups that with the new version of the Intersect computer nearly ready, it would soon be time to eliminate the old one: Chuck himself.

"Chuck" averaged about 8.7 million viewers per week during its fall run. In NBC's favorite demographic of adults 18-49, it drew a 3.5 rating, second in its timeslot to ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."
"Dancing with the Stars"? really? that's fucking disgusting. what a country.

but, this is good news. i really miss this show.

I miss there being anything worth watching on tv period. TV is so bad now I found myself watching a Spanish soap the other night (okay, in my defense I was extremely burnt out and all the women on them are extremely slutty).
I'm seriously thinking about dropping my cable. Though I suppose it's worth keeping to have CNN and such for election coverage.
Good to hear I'll at least get two more episodes of Chuck.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Though I suppose it's worth keeping to have CNN and such for election coverage.
Fox News' female news personalities are hotter than CNN's. Excluding Greta Van Susteren, that is.