Re: X-Files2?

well, s11e01 was certainly interesting. they crammed what could have been a season-long arc into one episode. if you thought GoT pacing last season was way too fast, this is michael bay strobe light comparatively. i didn't dig that. but the substance setting up what i hope slows way down this season was ok. i don't believe the smoking man's revelation, i think he's playing skinner. but i guess we'll see. in it 'til the end, which this probably is as i understand andersen said she's never doing any more x-files.

The mythology is garbage at this point, CSM has no right to be walking the earth after the S9 ending so I don't really care what they do with that (didn't he kill his other son many moons ago too? Yet here he is again), I'm just looking to be entertained. It was entertaining.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

"It's an X-file. You should check it out." Oh yeah, those X-Files that the show used to be about and gets its name from? I sort of remember those. What ever happened to that?
This show is painful to watch at this point, but I guess we're only 8 episodes away from the end of the series so I might as well stick it out.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

the writing on e2 was sooooooo lazy. seriously just bad. neat to see the lone gunmen again i guess but damn, so many ridiculous holes and the characters are somehow more stupid than the walking dead characters.

darkness wrote:"It's an X-file. You should check it out." Oh yeah, those X-Files that the show used to be about and gets its name from? I sort of remember those. What ever happened to that?
This show is painful to watch at this point, but I guess we're only 8 episodes away from the end of the series so I might as well stick it out.
Is it confirmed that this is it? Probably well overdue. It's too bad as the leads can still pull off the characters, but as TC notes the writing is so hole-filled you're just kind of facepalming your way through the episode at this point.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Is it confirmed that this is it?
Not 100%, but Anderson has said it's it for her and she feels unlike last season that this one ends on a good stopping point. Carter claims he is through if it's not both of them. I suppose they could try to carry on without her, like they did when Duchovny left. But I sure as hell hope they learned from that and won't try to make the same mistake again. Also the ratings have been in the toilet this season.

wednesday's episode was a decent one, one of the stand-alone variety. felt like old times, but also felt like duchovny was pretty detached from it. i don't mean mulder, i mean it felt like duchovny was at best marginally interested in being present. but, it was really the first watchable one this season where i didn't want to just throw things at my TV.

darkness wrote:The Scully as skeptic bit was old about five seasons ago. I can't believe they're still trying to pull that off.
when they write off-type, it's equally unbelievable and maddening. they really can't win with these characters anymore given their level of effort.

The Darin Morgan episodes, always a highlight back in the day, are now the only ones that rise to the challenge of actually being good.

darkness wrote:I can't believe they wrote out Reggie. He was my favorite character in the series. I'll miss him from the team.
you can always watch people of earth. he's awesome on that too.

TC wrote:
darkness wrote:I can't believe they wrote out Reggie. He was my favorite character on the series. I'll miss him from the team.
you can always watch people of earth. he's awesome on that too.
I think you missed my joke.

oh i got it. just wanted to highlight that he's great on people of earth. whether or not that show is simply an elaborate disinformation campaign to discredit his story, that's up to you.

darkness wrote:Well, back in the shitter this week. This show can't end fast enough.
while there were interesting developments in moving the story forward, the writing overall was again swiss cheese. so lazy, so many shortcuts, so many just fucking bizarre things. like, we go from "scully, that's an open x-file" sitting in a folder on his desk, so driving down to virginia, and when they get there, it's still an active crime scene? then skinner drives down to meet mulder, and for some reason they have to meet for a minute-long conversation on the deck of the wrecked ship instead of, you know, a coffee shop, a wendy's parking lot, literally anything else? i really don't get it. and the sudden appearance of and on again/off again powers of william? i'm really baffled this show exists at this point. and so many great shows are canceled. good history only gets you so much equity.