so, just out of curiosity, how do you have a good website like that but no trailer? i mean, if we can't see the film over here at least give us a trailer.

btw, please include my copy of Motion when you send this one over... 8)

darkness wrote:
klimov wrote:TorontoIFF is partly state funded, that's where the comment comes from.
Why would Canadians want to censor your film for political reasons? They hate Bush as much as the rest of the world. If it's not for the rape scene then there has to be some reason to "bury" it other than those two.
btw, the public's fave at edinburgh was Serenity. everyone whose opinion i care about said it was unwatchable...
You're asking for the wrath of Alexhead now. :)
Heh, I thought from the majority of feedback out there that Klimov's film was the unwatchable one.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:so, just out of curiosity, how do you have a good website like that but no trailer? i mean, if we can't see the film over here at least give us a trailer.
Didn't he say either here or at the other board that there was no trailer due to "creative differences."
Just cut them up like regular chickens

agh, yes you bastards, thanks for bringing up the trailer... i thought i had escaped all involvement but this just came back to bite me a few hours ago... looks like i might be bodging something together since the French need a trailer by Dec 1st to support their January release, agh... honestly don't know how I'm going to get this done since I'm off for Korea, Japan, Greece, Spain and Sweden in just over a week...

having been blanked by all the major US fests (timid, pompous corporate scum) we have finally settled on a US premiere at SXSW in Texas in March... So... I guess Mike can come along then!!! ;)

klimov wrote:having been blanked by all the major US fests (timid, pompous corporate scum)
Maybe you should have put a Coke logo on the girl's ass when she was being raped. Then they would have welcomed you with open arms.

Austin's a ways away, but yeah, if I have a new car by then I'll go check it out.

klimov wrote:isn't Austin like the only sane part of Texas?
Well, it's where G.W. Bush ruled as Governer, so you tell me.
There are no sane parts of Texas. But Austin is a film friendly community, which is why it has so many festivals. It would probably be the least offensive part of Texas if the state government wasn't located there.

met linlaker's DP at a fest a few months back. there were a bunch of us floating down a river on a log raft. he got drunk, fell over, lost his hat in the water and kicked up a row... i seem to have met a whole bunch of people from Austin, as it happens, none conforming to the Texas stereotype.

klimov wrote:so will I need bodyguards? :killer:
Oh, you're coming along too? Then I guess I will have to go down there now. You're probably safe as far as bodyguards go as long as you don't stray too far from theaters or bars.

I'd call that more of a teaser than a trailer, as it doesn't really tell the viewer anything of what the film's about. I note maha stuck his name in nice big letters about three times the size of the actors'. Apparently he's decided he's Steven Speilberg now. :)