"This work was passed with no cuts made."

Well, not so much the rebel we thought he was, eh? :twisted:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Sorry to say, the disc I got won't work in my player. Will try it on the computer tonight.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

That's what I had to do, play it on the PC.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Eh, no big deal. I put up a lounging chair in front of the computer, popped some popcorn and made an afternoon of it. 8)

O-dot wrote:Eh, no big deal. I put up a lounging chair in front of the computer, popped some popcorn and made an afternoon of it. 8)
"The Critics Agree: TGEoRC Is The Feel-Good Popcorn Movie Of The Summer!!!"
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:
O-dot wrote:Eh, no big deal. I put up a lounging chair in front of the computer, popped some popcorn and made an afternoon of it. 8)
"The Critics Agree: TGEoRC Is The Feel-Good Popcorn Movie Of The Summer!!!"
The first comment I heard after the second Edinburgh screening was from a guy sitting behind me who sarcastically commented to his friend "Gee, don'cha just love these feel good movies". :mrgreen:

Yeah, Edinburgh is full of cretins. Hardly what you'd call a cinephile audience - I guess because the wider festival is going on at the same time, although it's debatable whether there are more than 5 cinephiles in the UK anyway.

My disc played fine in all my dvd players, so I guess TC must like me better or something. :) Here it is upconverted to 1080p:
Just cut them up like regular chickens

A PRICK FLICK

I saw this film in Edinburgh in the UK.
I am seriously surprised that you are giving this trash so much praise.
The actors (the boys) are really hammy and the only reason the film was in the Festival was because it was controversial and had the great cinematography of Yorgos Arvanitis.
These days any film which has rape or sexual violence needs to be really carefully thought out because of the climate of victim/terror the media are creating around us.
It is too easy for nerds to lift this segment from the film and post on YouTube or any other share site.
The offending rape segment at the climax of the film which is really what Clay wants us to vomit over and is his main reason for making the film is an unnecessarily violent attack of a couple who are terrorised, tortured and murdered in their own home.
We are all well aware of the atrocities of war, so why do we need to see some white middle class male fantasy about how drugs can drive bored teenagers to act this way?
He hasn't even got them on crack or snow, his characters take coke and ecstacy and that is what causes them to become so violent.
Complete rubbish.

ok... so you saw the film over a year ago and you're still trawling the internet posting shit...

Firstly, it would seem you know nothing about filmmaking, given your over-emphasis on the role of the cinematographer. If you'd actually seen and appreciated Yorgos Arvanitis' body of work, you would realise that the lighting is the consistent factor, whilst the form, composition and choreography is the work of the various directors involved. All of these aspects are integral to the overall construction of a film and the way in which it is ultimately perceived; they cannot be separated out from the actions and representations on screen. Unfortunately, in these days of unnaturally-shaped performances and televisual mise-en-scene, many people have forgotten or never learned how to appreciate real cinema.

Secondly, it seems we are not all 'well aware' of the atrocities of war or, at least, we don't give a shit, given that we have all so willingly contributed our tax money towards the rape, torture and murder of 655,000 Iraqi civilians over the past three years. The fact of the matter is, you are only able to live your peaceful, mindless, cocaine and ecstasy-guzzling little life because of the military and economic exploitation in which we are all complicit. Having said this, in the manner of a Greek tragedy or an etching by Goya, THE GREAT ECSTASY does not pass judgement or tell an audience how to feel, it simply reflects the cold brutality of the world in a lucid and artistic fashion. This is likely quite far from the illusory, complacent, audience-pleasing trash to which you are accustomed.

Thirdly, wouldn't it be better for all concerned if you were to simply admit that you feel threatened by the film because it challenges your hypocritical self-interested liberal-humanist view of the world and then get your vicious philistine arse the fuck off our board? Thx.

Re: A PRICK FLICK

lilysum wrote:I saw this film in Edinburgh in the UK.
I am seriously surprised that you are giving this trash so much praise.
The actors (the boys) are really hammy and the only reason the film was in the Festival was because it was controversial and had the great cinematography of Yorgos Arvanitis.
These days any film which has rape or sexual violence needs to be really carefully thought out because of the climate of victim/terror the media are creating around us.
It is too easy for nerds to lift this segment from the film and post on YouTube or any other share site.
The offending rape segment at the climax of the film which is really what Clay wants us to vomit over and is his main reason for making the film is an unnecessarily violent attack of a couple who are terrorised, tortured and murdered in their own home.
We are all well aware of the atrocities of war, so why do we need to see some white middle class male fantasy about how drugs can drive bored teenagers to act this way?
He hasn't even got them on crack or snow, his characters take coke and ecstacy and that is what causes them to become so violent.
Complete rubbish.
Well thought-out review, twat.
http://www.vectortrio.com

klimov wrote:ok... so you saw the film over a year ago and you're still trawling the internet posting shit...

Firstly, it would seem you know nothing about filmmaking, given your over-emphasis on the role of the cinematographer. If you'd actually seen and appreciated Yorgos Arvanitis' body of work, you would realise that the lighting is the consistent factor, whilst the form, composition and choreography is the work of the various directors involved. All of these aspects are integral to the overall construction of a film and the way in which it is ultimately perceived; they cannot be separated out from the actions and representations on screen. Unfortunately, in these days of unnaturally-shaped performances and televisual mise-en-scene, many people have forgotten or never learned how to appreciate real cinema.

Secondly, it seems we are not all 'well aware' of the atrocities of war or, at least, we don't give a shit, given that we have all so willingly contributed our tax money towards the rape, torture and murder of 655,000 Iraqi civilians over the past three years. The fact of the matter is, you are only able to live your peaceful, mindless, cocaine and ecstasy-guzzling little life because of the military and economic exploitation in which we are all complicit. Having said this, in the manner of a Greek tragedy or an etching by Goya, THE GREAT ECSTASY does not pass judgement or tell an audience how to feel, it simply reflects the cold brutality of the world in a lucid and artistic fashion. This is likely quite far from the illusory, complacent, audience-pleasing trash to which you are accustomed.

Thirdly, wouldn't it be better for all concerned if you were to simply admit that you feel threatened by the film because it challenges your hypocritical self-interested liberal-humanist view of the world and then get your vicious philistine arse the fuck off our board? Thx.

According to a snippet from The Guardian (online), GERC is getting a UK Theatrical release supposedly this month, or possibly November?

I informed the campus art cinema programmer about a year ago but knowing him, he's probably forgotten. Will have to get back on the case...

I watched the first 15 minutes the other night, will try to finish up this weekend. Impeccable compositions, klim.

Your??? board... klimov it sucks

Hello happy feelgood popcorn guzzlers.
Firstly I don't feel threatened by this film, why should I? I live in London squat in Hackney so I don't have any fears except the filth might nick my stash, or I might get evicted.
I don't fear people on ecstacy and coke, they pay good money for their idiot addications, so let their loved up brains rot. I fear and despise heroin users because they are inhuman, and I would say Requiem for a Dream remains the BEST film about addiction and the price drugs carry.
I have chosen to protest against this stupid white man's film because that is what it is, a film for stupid white men who are too scared to face real atrocities.
As to my knowledge of film making...you attack what you don't know so I won't even bother to defend my superior knowledge. Just the fact you use cine-speak shows you to be up your own bottom, throwing around your big film student words.
I don't watch terrestial TV Klimov, I am far too busy, I make films and animations and art which celebrate life. I like to watch the internet as I am constantly inspired by the exciting films posted by independant film makers from across the globe. I like films which explore all cultures, particularly films which show people in positions of impossible poverty who have been able to somehow lift themselves above human suffering. I have lived in guatamala for 6 months so don't patronise me.
I am not accustomed to trash cos I simply don't watch it...oh no.. I lied, I did watch Jackass 2 the other night and I loved it...why? Cos it's a film about STUPID WHITE MEN doing what stupid white men do best, getting hurt and drinking horse cum.
The most recent UK film I watched was The Wild that Shakes the Barley which I liked.

Now if you are able to engage in a mature dialogue about the film I am sure we can communicate.

My current fav film is "jigureul jikyeora", it has some similarities to Clay's film in that the message about idiot violent selfish humans are responsible for the destruction of the planet and has plenty of drug abuse and violence, nasty violence, but is so much better that Clay's attempts and funny as well.