worst comicbook adaptation?

well, since there's so much of it coming to the silver screen these days and upcoming, thought i'd start this. i'll kick it off with my 2¢:

THE PUNISHER, easily one of my most looked-forward-to movies and easily the most unfaithful to the book, biggest pile of shit movie i'd seen in awhile.

next?

Boy, that would have to be at the top of my list too...I seem to recall many attempts at an eerie similarity to a Tim Burton film about some caped crusader.

You could try to deride CondorMan, but I don't think it was taken from a real comic and it's pure cheesy fun anyway.

The Crow was never one of my favorites, suffered a little from Batman-itis as well (see-ending battle involving climbing up stairs in a tower, many other little touches)

Tank Girl?

Tank Girl rocks and has Naomi Watts in it to boot.

Really, we should probably change this thread to identifing good comic adaptions, because sadly there are a lot fewer of those than there are bad ones.

true true. too true.

ok, so how about this:

Superman - first one was good. i even prefer the second one. but the third & fourth ones? gotta be in the top 10 worst comic-based movies ever...

Batman - first one was good...grows on me more every time. second one was dark, classic burton. i like. third one was tolerable, at it's very best. fourth one...yikes. but still, better than the TV show, right?

remember the Flash TV show? it had it's moments...

and how about those Hulk TV movies post-regular run? The Trial of the Incredble Hulk (w/Daredevil) and The Return of the Incredible Hulk (w/Thor)? the one with Thor was great, just for the humor, but both were completely pathetic as far as adaptations/extrapolations. but, John Rhys-Davis was great as the Kingpin, IMO. that being said, i think the new Kingpin will be all-time classic good....