Rape Me (Baise-moi) banned in Australia

IMDb.com wrote: Australian movie theaters showing the controversial French film Baise-moi (Rape Me) were ordered to shut the movie down Sunday following a ruling by the Commonwealth Classification Review Board on Friday. The premier of New South Wales, Bob Carr, vowed to fight the board's action. "We don't want to go back to the bad old days when books were taken out of book shops as they were in Victoria in the early 60s or when stage shows were closed down, as they were in Sydney under the Askin government," he told reporters. Australian exhibitors also said that they would carry the matter to court: "We're trying to find out if there is any room for appeal," Ronin Cinemas director Andrew Pike told the Sydney Morning Herald. "Independent cinemas need access to film like this." And Mark Spratt of Potential Films, the movie's Australian distributor, told the Australian Broadcasting Corp.: "It's grossly unfair and unjust, I think, that on a Friday night cinemas can be told to stop screening a film which they have until that moment been legitimately advertising."
we're we just talking about foreign films? but, this one actually sounds pretty interesting. see about it here.

IMO, this is the last thing we need - more banning of movies. but in reality, hasn't this pretty much been going on in England for years?