Alexhead wrote:The good news is, Harry over at AICN absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!

:roll:
isn't Lard Ass the one who admitted weeping during Armageddon because he loved it so much?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Probably. If this guy were a woman he'd own 30 cats, know what I mean?

To paraphrase one of my favorite recent quotes, Harry is the Special Olympics of movie critics.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Woah, the metascore on metacritic is 52%, I never saw it above rottentomatoes level (Reloaded was 73 at rt and 63 at mc). There is some wacky stuff going on.

Anyway, am going to watch it tonight, have the lowest expectations, so I guess I'll love it. ;)
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Well, low expectations certainly helped me enjoying this movie more than I'd thought. If it weren't for one thing ...

***Spoiler Warning***

They fucking made Neo to Jesus. :killer:
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Golly, I thought it sucked. Aside from Monica Belucci's gorgeously huge tits. Don't care if they're fake or if it was just one hell of a push-up bra at work, good lordy her bosom is beautiful.

Yeah, the movie didn't do it for me. Surprising, because I was about the only person here who liked Reloaded. This one was just a big video game. What a yawner.

But wow, Belucci's knockers just about made it worthwhile.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Matrix Revolutions on DVD by Xmas

Looks like the film is underperforming so much that Warners is thinking of dumping it on video quickly:

From IGN:
Revolutions Coming Home Sooner Than We Thought?
Lackluster box office & online piracy may mean more Neo for Christmas.

November 11, 2003 - When is a film that grosses $85 million in its opening weekend considered a disappointment? When you're Warner Brothers and the film is Matrix Revolutions, the third and final(?) installment in the popular Matrix trilogy.

While the film posted the third highest opening box office total for a Wednesday open, the studio expected the film to come in at number 1. The $85 million in box office receipts from Wednesday to Sunday fell well below expectations as did the $200 million internationally. Like most films in release today, copies of the movie appeared in various Internet groups just hours after the film opened, causing more concern for the studio.

Worried that the time to make money from the franchise may be running out faster than expected, representatives for Warner Home Video contacted some of the major video retailers and rental outlets on Monday to let them know that Revolutions may be coming home a lot sooner than expected. Early January was mentioned but if the box office continues to drop at its current pace, Matrix Revolutions could hit DVD before Christmas.

Adding insult to injury, a possibility was mentioned to one video dealer that the studio may try putting together a 3-movie boxed set for Christmas if Revolutions is released in time to show up in your holiday stocking. According to one video dealer that spoke to IGN FilmForce on condition of anonymity, "Warners is afraid that Revolutions won't sell very well because of the word of mouth on the movie. The only way to make the money on sell-through is to package it with the other two." The retailer went on to say that the number of requests for the film have dropped significantly since the film's opening day.

The big test for the film will be how it fares in its second weekend, when it will be up against the Russell Crowe starrer, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, a film that has been getting extremely positive reviews and advance word of mouth.

Representatives for Warner Home Video would neither confirm nor deny the information but a source at Warners did confirm that a meeting about the DVD release for Matrix Revolutions did occur on Monday. If the film is released early to DVD, we should be hearing an announcement within weeks. Stay tuned.
-- KJB

When I noticed the topic header, this is exactly was I was thinking. Anyway. I could care less about The Matrix. I always thought it was just another "wow, look at that shit blow up" kind of movie, perhaps a step above that. Still, I'de reach for alot of other movies before The Matrix.

I'd second that, but it wouldn't be news to anyone around here :mrgreen:

I just read today that it broke some sort of b.s. 5 day release box office record...but it's worldwide, not U.S. Over here it appears to be doing lukewarm at best. Am a little curious about the badly titled "Master and Commander," mainly since Peter Weir directed it.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Well O-dot I can't leave you hanging on that but good catch! Takes a keen eye to catch subtle ponts like that.
"Your just jealous the voices are only talking to ME!!"

subtle. heh. they were more than a little pointy :mrgreen:

Revolutions was very nice, but not more nice than the 2. And in the 3, i don't like a lot the end of the movie... (Neo is dead :( Trinity too :( )
Hey mate! I'm here!

Re: The Matrix megathread

ok, just spent a bit digging up all the matrix threads and merged them all. so if discussion in this thread seems disjointed, that's why.

i did so to bring you this:
io9 wrote:Keanu Reeves says the Wachowskis have plans for The Matrix 4 and 5

Neo might be returning to the big screen, according to the original spoon-bender, Keanu Reeves himself. Reeves just spilled the beans on the Wachowskis' plans to make two more Matrix movies!

AICN has a report from Keanu Reeves's keynote speech at the London school of performing Arts University. A commenter wrote in with a few highlights from the lecture, including this particular gem about The Matrix.
Says he met the Wachowskis... for lunch over Christmas, and stated that they had completed work on a two-picture script treatments that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the Wachowskis have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. Keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionize the action genre like the first movie. Wachowskis are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.
Has enough time passed that most people have forgotten the awful savior-heavy second and third films in this series?
We'll find out eventually. Meanwhile, the Wachowskis are also working on a futuristic Robin Hood retelling called Hood, which Reeves says is set to star Will Smith.
whoa whoa whoa... keynote speech???? oh, this had to be unintentionally hilarious.

I can more or less enjoy the first one and its derivative charms combined with slick visuals, at least between commercial breaks on TNT for 45 minutes or so when it's on once a month. I think I fell asleep during the third one.

UPDATE TO UPDATE: The Senior Administrator for the London International School of Performing Arts just informed me that Keanu Reeves did indeed make an appearance there. Apparently due to his lack of being able to show emotion and consistant flat line delivery, no one noticed at first that he was actually there. We regret the error.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

received the ultimate matrix collection blu-ray for xmas. my kids had never seen any of them and wanted to watch them. so over the course of a few days, we watched all three films. the first one holds up pretty well, parts of it feel dated if only because so many have copied the techniques since. you have to remember these guys created the "bullet time" style. the second one... i re-read what i posted on page 2 and i was reaching. the entire first half of the film is useless. the second half has some really sick stunts and is a fun action film. i still feel like they had no intention of making more than one film and had to shoe-horn some bullshit into two more movies. the initial ideas of the first one are gone. the "charm" of the "through the looking glass" is gone. now, i will give you that it absolutely went extreme sci-fi, it's just that it's not very good. i realized too that after feeling burned on the second film, i never did see the third, so that was a new experience. that was balls-out video game. there is no other way to describe that film. it's a video game that you're watching someone else play. the "logic" of the story is completely ridiculous. once neo has eliminated the smith construct, why would the machines keep any sort of "peace" or agreement? they have no concept of morality or honor. they could simply eliminate all free humans and move along, which would be the logical thing to do. that's just one of the infinitely many things wrong with this film.

this is just the perfect example of taking a neat idea and destroying it with a trilogy for the pursuit of money. the io9 post above was spot on.