worst movie you've seen lately?

i have to say these two:

Rock Star - fucking totally rediculous, horrible. i was embarrassed for Wahlberg and Anniston.

Dancing at the Blue Iguana - after seeing this, i've come to the conclusion that the only reason anyone would watch this is to get a glimpse of Darryl Hannah naked, if that's your thing. and even then, you'll probably still want your money back. oh, and your time - this film is over two fucking hours long...

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist... which also happens to be the best movie I've seen in quite a while...perhaps can be described as the most horrible stroke of comic genius since Kentucky Fried Movie.... it left me emotionally confused at how bad it was but at the same time laughing my ass off...

nihil wrote: Kung Pow: Enter The Fist... which also happens to be the best movie I've seen in quite a while...perhaps can be described as the most horrible stroke of comic genius since Kentucky Fried Movie.... it left me emotionally confused at how bad it was but at the same time laughing my ass off...
i thought that looked pretty damn funny - now i really have to see it!!!

Now this is one post I could fill in with hours of my girlfriends nightly picks! When we first started dating all her family would EVER talk about was how she knew how to pick out a good movie. Now 1,789,345 movies later I know that they, nor her, have any fucking idea what a movie is, howver she is easily influenced by the dark side of the force.....oppps...... she did love The Army of Darkness so ther's hope! God willing. :satan:

Well I got sidetracked so about one of therse movies I would have to pick "Quills". I tell ya the movie had not one redeeming quality about but it was so fucked up and twisted I'd watch it again if i stumbled on it.

You want funny--rent Rat Race. Its something you'd expect your folks to like but you'll laugh nonstop.

jakerupe wrote: Now this is one post I could fill in with hours of my girlfriends nightly picks! When we first started dating all her family would EVER talk about was how she knew how to pick out a good movie. Now 1,789,345 movies later I know that they, nor her, have any fucking idea what a movie is, howver she is easily influenced by the dark side of the force.....oppps...... she did love The Army of Darkness so ther's hope! God willing.
haha, funny. but uh - don't you mean "fiancé" 8)
jakerupe wrote: Well I got sidetracked so about one of therse movies I would have to pick "Quills". I tell ya the movie had not one redeeming quality about but it was so fucked up and twisted I'd watch it again if i stumbled on it.
i head it was pretty good. but then again, i have read all of the Marquis de Sade's stuff and would have an interest in this on that level too.... but honestly, we did rent this and it sat on our speaker for six weeks before we just finally came to the conclusion that we weren't going to watch it and had to return it. but, i do want to see it at some point...
jakerupe wrote: You want funny--rent Rat Race. Its something you'd expect your folks to like but you'll laugh nonstop.
yeah, i heard that was great! i dig roland anyway.

I thought Donnie Darko was kind of a mess, and The Man Who Wasn't There is beautiful to look at but not much else. I DO recommend Frailty, it's better than you might think!

Alexhead wrote: I DO recommend Frailty, it's better than you might think!
my buddy in chicago said that this was boring, and that even the mighty Bill Paxton couldn't save what should have been a great flick.

can you elaborate on your diagnosis?

Frailty

I wouldn't think of it in terms of having 'great flick' potential exactly; it's fairly modest in its goals and that's one of the things I like about it. Think of a strong Stephen King story, maybe something from "Night Shift," and you'll get a good idea of what it's like. It has a nice gloomy southern gothic atmosphere, an excellent psychotic Christian bent, and Bill Paxton is pretty damn good as the nicest ax murder you've ever met. It also does a good job of showing the horror from the viewpoint of a child, and the overall sensation through the middle parts of the movie is effectively sickening because of it. Also doesn't blow it's wad with blood all over the place and a bunch of special effects; there really isn't much blood in it period. I guess I could see where someone could find it boring; it's reasonably paced and has more of a 'slow burn' feel to it than lulls followed by something loud and bloody being hurtled at the camera, know what I mean? In closing I'd say it ain't perfect, but it's different from most modern horror movies in some very good ways.

i love Bill Paxton, so sounds like i'll have to check it out and see for myself. probably a rental, though. :)