Board index General Celluløid Output

American Gods (Fuller/Gaiman 2016)

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

American Gods (Fuller/Gaiman 2016)

Postby Alexhead on 03/06/16, 16:39:56

Fuller/Gaiman--a ticket I think we could all vote for.

The X-Files star Gillian Anderson is the latest cast addition for the new TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods.

Developed by Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller and Michael Green (Heroes) for Starz alongside Doctor Who writer Neil Gaiman, the 10-episode first season began filming in Toronto, Canada in April.

Anderson will play Media, the mouthpiece for the New Gods, functioning as their public face and sales representative, by taking the form of various iconic celebrities.

Described as “perky” and “always in control”, the character lives off the attention and worship that people give to screens-to their laptops, their TVs, to their iPhones in their hands while they watch their TVs.

American Gods is expected to begin airing in the US later this year. A UK broadcaster has not been been announced.

The cast also includes Ricky Whittle (The 100) as Shadow Moon, alongside Ian McShane (Deadwood) as Mr. Wednesday, Emily Browning (Legend) as Laura Moon, Sean Harris (Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation) as Mad Sweeney, Yetide Badaki (Masters of Sex) as Bilquis, Bruce Langley (Deadly Waters) as Technical Boy, Crispin Glover (Back to the Future) as Mr World, Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom) as Low Key Lyesmith, Cloris Leachman (Malcolm in The Middle) as Zorya Vechernyaya, Peter Stormare (Prison Break) as Czernobog, Chris Obi (The Counselor) as Anubis and Mousa Kraish (Fast & Furious) as The Jinn.

Gillian Anderson is currently filming the third and final season of BBC Two’s The Fall.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines ... rican-gods
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."
Alexhead
Rat Strapped to a Cat
Rat Strapped to a Cat

Re: American Gods (Fuller/Gaiman 2016)

Postby TC on 04/06/16, 08:34:40

anyone want to give me the TL;DR on the story of american gods?
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby Alexhead on 07/06/16, 15:15:20

Man, I read it about a decade back and my memories are fuzzy. I believe there are Gods running around among us, but diminished due to a lack of worshippers? Gods taken from a variety of mythologies. And then there's conflict and a mystery and other such stuff to drive towards a dramatic conclusion. I liked it at the time, although it has one bizarre and gratuitous gay sex scene that didn't serve much purpose past shock value IIRC.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."
Alexhead
Rat Strapped to a Cat
Rat Strapped to a Cat

Postby TC on 08/05/17, 09:04:54

two episodes in, still not really sure wtf is going on, but i love it. man the blood is over the top in some scenes and the soundtrack is incredible - two trademarks i guess i can thank bryan fuller for. and yes alexhead, does remind me of hannibal in places, just in composition, pace, intent, etc.

gillian was great as... lucille ball, i guess? sorry, lucy ricardo. and that black chick becoming giant during sex and sucking everyone up her vag is pretty crazy haha. and hey, would you have taken the BJ in the cemetery or no?
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby Alexhead on 19/05/17, 10:45:35

I'll be honest, it's not grabbing me the way I hoped it would. The lead is kind of a zero on the charisma chart and that doesn't help as you're on the journey with him, and while the gods are a lot of fun the storytelling seems all over the place. I probably need to rewatch a couple episodes.
Alexhead
Rat Strapped to a Cat
Rat Strapped to a Cat

Postby TC on 19/05/17, 12:03:46

yeah i save them so i watch two at a time. watching one then waiting a week isn't the way to get into this, imo. but i will say between this and westworld, i've now seen more giant cocks on TV than i thought i would in my lifetime.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output