The Mummy [2017]

yes, again.

[youtube][/youtube]
The-Mummy-poster.jpeg
Tom Cruise headlines a spectacular, all-new cinematic version of the legend that has fascinated cultures all over the world since the dawn of civilization: The Mummy.

Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen (Sofia Boutella of Kingsman: The Secret Service and Star Trek Beyond) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.

From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters.
also, from the looks of this poster, tom cruise on a plane, again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Mummy [2017]

Trailer for a trailer! I kind of hate that. If memory serves, they're going to try and launch an interconnected Universal monster movie universe. Sigh.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:If memory serves, they're going to try and launch an interconnected Universal monster movie universe. Sigh.
That's what it says on Wikipedia. And I remember why I hardly go out to the movies anymore.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Boy, nobody gave two shits about that one. This wannabe Marvel Studios effort will probably fail too, like most of the others have.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Tom's Jack Reacher series is pretty much DOA and Mission: Impossible is pretty long in the tooth--as is Tom. I'm sure the studio and Cruise see this as a win-win. Still, to see him doing mainstream horror just reminds me how close we were to getting At The Mountains Of Madness and pisses me off again.

backstory on the whole "universal monsters" thing here: http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-mummy-wi ... 1789624335

some revisionist history:
As for other movies in that will fill the universe, Kurtzman confirmed that Passengers writer Jon Spaihts is working with Arrival writer Eric Heisserer on a Van Helsing film, and that Dracula Untold, the film from 2014, is NOT a part of this universe.
also, this:
“In thinking about the design of The Mummy in this movie, there was the question, ‘Wouldn’t the bandages just fall off her?’ And my feeling was ‘No one gives a shit! She’s gotta wear the bandages!’” Kurtzman said. “If you take the bandages off, she’s just a person. So, then it became the fun of ‘Where do the bandages come from? What’s the story’ And I think making her a woman, for me, was the reason to make the story.”
they cast a woman, therefor we should make this movie? ok bud.

It's been removed from youtube now, but apparently IMAX uploaded a trailer for this with most of the sound effects missing/only the funny sound effects still in it. Can still be viewed via the link below though, and it's GLORIOUS.