Re: Batman-Superman

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:Judging from that shot, Eisenberg ain't gonna cut it.
i assume you mean his hair.

they should have just gotten damon to do it and be done with the laffs.
They should have just gone for the bald cliche and gotten Bryan Cranston.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

This trailer actually almost makes this film look like it might be good, if it didn't end with the words Zack Snyder. Eisenberg seems pretty awful as well.
[youtube][/youtube]

Still, there's one big problem with this one that Snyder, or anyone else for that matter, probably never could solve.

And that is, that Superman is such an insanely boring character. In everything. I've read one good thing starring Superman (Kingdom Come) but that's about it.

_Marcus_ wrote:And that is, that Superman is such an insanely boring character. In everything.
Yeah, but this is the new improved cold blooded killer Superman. This Superman, rather than being taught by his adopted Earth parents to stand up for what's right and help the innocent, was taught to run away and hide and let people die if it might be inconvenient for him. So while being a complete misunderstanding of the character, it might make him a bit less boring at least.

Here's how I predict the plot will go down: Luthor manipulates Batman into going after Superman using the deaths of whomever was in those buildings that got destroyed. Eventually they both realize it, with the help of Wonder Woman, and team up to stop whatever Luthor's ultimate plan is. Meet back here in nine months to see if I called it right...

Meh. It looks like more of the same from the Man of Steel crew, which it is. Still not buying Eisenberg. Irons seems miscast, too.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

darkness wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:And that is, that Superman is such an insanely boring character. In everything.
Yeah, but this is the new improved cold blooded killer Superman. This Superman, rather than being taught by his adopted Earth parents to stand up for what's right and help the innocent, was taught to run away and hide and let people die if it might be inconvenient for him. So while being a complete misunderstanding of the character, it might make him a bit less boring at least.

Here's how I predict the plot will go down: Luthor manipulates Batman into going after Superman using the deaths of whomever was in those buildings that got destroyed. Eventually they both realize it, with the help of Wonder Woman, and team up to stop whatever Luthor's ultimate plan is. Meet back here in nine months to see if I called it right...
Broadly I'm sure that's right, and there's a shot in the trailer that more or less validates fan theories that Luthor's plan is
to use Zod's corpse to make Doomsday, a nasty enough villain that WW comes out of wherever to help and everyone realizes Superman and Batman are swell, not horrifying harbingers of a new age of gods and devils on earth.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Now back to the DC A-List...looks like Snyder is going to have some fun with Battfleck.[youtube][/youtube]
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yep. Fooled me once with those Man Of Steel trailers. But the brief glimpse of Batman in action at the beginning makes me hope this was why Snyder was put on earth. But yep. I have tempered expectations.