Re: Captain America

Alexhead wrote:And guess who was spotted on set yesterday...Mark Ruffalo. This movie is going to be batshit.
He wasn't spotted on set, he was spotted out drinking with Evans and Mackie at night in a bar. Granted, it'd be odd to go all the way to Germany if he wasn't doing any filming. But movie stars aren't like us normal people and flying around the world just to hang out and drink with some buddies isn't totally odd to them. Honestly I kind of hope it isn't true because I don't know what Hulk could bring to Civil War, plus it kind of cheapens his leaving to go hide in Ultron while really should be examined in a film where he's more of a central character.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Yeah, but they've got a rights issue with Universal over him having his own flick, so a cameo in a Marvel character free-for-all like Civil War makes sense. Maybe he's a third act deus ex machina or something, who knows. Same thing happened with the guy who played Zod in Man of Steel, he went from a social appearance with cast to showing up in the Batman vs. Superman trailer.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Yeah, but they've got a rights issue with Universal over him having his own flick
There are no major rights issues with the Hulk. That was a mistaken statement from Ruffalo. Hell, that might have even been what Marvel told him so he'd quit asking about when they're going to do a solo film. Universal only has first right of refusal for distribution rights over a Hulk film. Marvel can make one any time they want. Universal would have the option to distribute it, or could pass. It's very similar to the situation with the first couple of Iron Man films with Paramount. There's nothing stopping Marvel from making a Hulk film except their lack of desire to do so.
Alexhead wrote:Same thing happened with the guy who played Zod in Man of Steel, he went from a social appearance with cast to showing up in the Batman vs. Superman trailer.
Lol, as a corpse. Not sure that's really much of a part considering it would be played by a fake duplicate. :)

Alexhead wrote:If rumors are to be believed he'll do more than just be a corpse. Guess we'll see.
Even if the body is used to become Doomsday, it'll likely be some crazy cgi shit once it transforms and not the Zod guy.

so, civil war is centered on the "sokovia accords" (aka superhero registration act). hey, remember that time star wars centered on a trade embargo and treaties? that was great. :roll:

also, remember the plot of most of the x-men movies? i do.

TC wrote:so, civil war is centered on the "sokovia accords" (aka superhero registration act). hey, remember that time star wars centered on a trade embargo and treaties? that was great. :roll:
also, remember the plot of most of the x-men movies? i do.
"Centered" on is probably over stating it. That's what sparks the conflict, but I doubt we're going to be sitting around watching 20 minutes of politicians negotiating. Plus they can't really do Civil War the same as in the comic since none of the MCU heroes really have secret identities.

Age of Ultron had nothing to do with the comic of the same title. I'm sure they are appropriating more from the comic for this, but I wouldn't expect a straight adaptation.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I think it'd be almost impossible to do a straight adaption of the comic. You can't really unmask Spider-man when no one knows about him yet (in the MCU that is). SHIELD technically doesn't even exist as far as the government knows. There are no X-men or mutants so you can't have anti-mutant craziness causing support for registration. There's no Mr. Fantastic to build the Negative Zone. And there's also no way you could fit the whole thing into a 2 hour movie. All the movies so far just take the best (usually) aspects of the comics and do their own thing. None of them have really been a straight adaption.

They have said that that's going to be the focus and it's very much going to be a Captain America movie, so I believe that. And quite frankly, unmasking Spider Man to introduce him into the MCU is pretty brilliant, then you completely erase any need to do any of the usual crap with rehashing his backstory and can just plow ahead into new adventures.

I doubt they're going to unmask Spider-man in the film. Too many complications with the character being as young as he is and even in the comic they retconed it.
I'm sure the trailer is playing up the Capt. vs. Iron Man aspect because Iron Man is the Marvel moneymaker and they want to make sure the people who only go to Iron Man films and not Capt. American ones know he's in there.