Re: Gotham

Well casting the redheaded kid from Shameless as a young Joker turned out to be some pretty fine casting, although as usually the episode was such a mixed bag you find yourself facepalming half the time. Seemed like a random way to shove him into the series, too.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

There was me thinking the Joker was a gangster who only turned into the joker in his 40s after falling into a vat of toxic waste. They need to get this stuff straight...

I doubt anyone else is still watching but so far the first two episodes of Gotham this season have been pretty stellar, lots going on yet more focus and none of that procedural-of-the-week crap that all shows must start with before diving into the characters, apparently. The body count from the second episode is pretty insane, but that's what you get when young Joker's on the loose I suppose.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I haven't watched a frame of this show, but
is the ginger from Shameless the Joker?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:I haven't watched a frame of this show, but
is the ginger from Shameless the Joker?
Sure as shit looks that way.

klimov wrote:It continues to pass the time but really is way too violent for a kids show, taking the definition of chadult to new extremes.
Your the first person I've ever heard of who thinks this is a kids show.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Poor chadult. I googled to see how this next gen snark was working its way around the world wide web but results were disappointing at best, actually closer to nonexistent. Anyway, I never let my kids watch this show, SHIELD is enough. Lots of punchy kicky but they still labor to use the night night gun instead of live rounds, at least.

Alexhead wrote:Poor chadult. I googled to see how this next gen snark was working its way around the world wide web but results were disappointing at best, actually closer to nonexistent.
I've never been clear on its pronunciation. Is it a hard "ch" or a "sh" as in chateau? And which syllable gets the emphasis? Neither variation exactly rolls off the tongue.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Hard 'ch'. It's 'superheroes and shit', yet too violent for kids, this is my point. AoS pushes the point too but I can see it being suitable for older children.

Man, I think they may have torpedoed themselves with this weeks' episode. I get the thinking, and it even explains some of the blatant shot ripoffs we've seen so far this season to an extent, but they'd better have some good things lined up in the wake of what happened.