Snowden [Stone]

[youtube][/youtube]
SNOWDEN stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and is written and directed by Academy Award®-Winning Director Oliver Stone. The script is based on the books The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man by Luke Harding and Time of the Octopus by Anatoly Kucherena.

Re: Snowden [Stone]

He's the last guy you would have figured would go bland, but here we are, looking at 20 years of bland filmmaking from him.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I think you have to look at Shyamalan to find another filmmaker who's worked so hard to erase fans' years of built-up goodwill.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:I think you have to look at Shyamalan to find another filmmaker who's worked so hard to erase fans' years of built-up goodwill.
It's true. I guess he's taking a step back towards respectability with Wayward Pines although we got bored a couple episodes in and didn't go back.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Considering Citizenfour featuring the real Snowden is barely a year old and won an Oscar, I'm puzzled what Stone thinks he's going to add here. Likely a pro-communist Russia propaganda if he is true to form.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

klimov wrote:Erm, Russia hasn't been communist for over 25 years.
That hasn't stopped Stone from still celebrating it. The Untold History of the United States series he put out a couple of years ago made Soviet era propaganda seem well balanced and even handed. I'm all for unvarnished history that doesn't whitewash the many faults and wrongs of the U.S., but pretty much every episode in that series was "The U.S. did this this horrible thing to the poor innocent Soviets while they were just trying to mind their own business raising kittens and puppy dogs. Glavlit couldn't have done better.

Also the communist party still exists in Russia and is fairly large and popular.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Stone says the movie won't make its planned December release; too much post-production still to do.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Maybe it'll land the early-Jan. "Blackhat" weekend reserved for cyberthrillers helmed by award-winning directors who were big in the '90s.

Just went to a screening of U-Turn with Ollie in attendance for a Q&A afterwards, pretty cool. He talked a fair amount about Snowden, think it comes out in the fall.

Alexhead wrote:Just went to a screening of U-Turn with Ollie in attendance for a Q&A afterwards, pretty cool. He talked a fair amount about Snowden, think it comes out in the fall.
wow! that's awesome. what else?

I'm doing a writeup for that site I work with now, will share the link, but as a sneak preview, dude doesn't appear to get along with his staff much, heh. He called Ennio Morricone a prick, said "he got the love theme right, but not the rest," dragged him back to the US (which he hated to do) so he could fix it. In order to show him what he wanted, he played Ennio a Tom and Jerry cartoon. This did not go over well. Then someone asked about Robert Richardson, who had shot most of his previous stuff; apparently "Bob" thought NBK and U-Turn were too violent, quit after doing this. Stone pointed out he has since shot violent material for both Scorsese and Tarantino, he basically shrugged and said "we were married for 10 years, then we weren't." Penn wore the same single shirt through the entire shoot.

Alexhead wrote:He called Ennio Morricone a prick, said "he got the love theme right, but not the rest," dragged him back to the US (which he hated to do) so he could fix it. In order to show him what he wanted, he played Ennio a Tom and Jerry cartoon. This did not go over well.
HAHAHA what a megalomaniacal lunatic. one of those two's careers has been consistent for more decades than the other has been alive.