Point Break remake

DH wrote:First Photos: The "Point Break" Remake

Warner Bros. and Alcon Entertainment have unveiled the first official stills from Ericson Core's remake of Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 action classic "Point Break". Luke Bracey takes on the role of young FBI agent Johnny Utah in this outing. Utah must infiltrate a team of thrill-seeking athletes led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez).

Whilst the first film dealt with surfing, this one focuses much more on the world of extreme sports. Ray Winstone, Teresa Palmer, and Delroy Lindo also star in the film which opens on December 25th.
8nAcOVL.jpg
hZxQkZP.jpg
well, guy is certainly a heath ledger look-alike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Point Break remake

[youtube][/youtube]
holy shit that's pretty intense.
Renowned extreme athletes performing stunts in the film include surfers Laird Hamilton, Sebastian Zietz, Makua Rothman, Billy Kemper, Brian Keaulana, Ahanu Tson-dru, Ian Walsh, Laurie Towner, Dylan Longbottom, Albee Layer, Bruce Irons, Tikanui Smith and Tuhiti Humani; snowboarders Xavier De Le Rue, Louis Vito, Christian Haller, Lucas DeBari and Ralph Backstrom; skateboarders Bob Burnquist and Eric Koston; motorcyclists Riley Harper and Oakley Lehman; wingsuit stunt pilots Jon Devore, Julian Boulle, Noah Bahnson, Jhonathan Florez and Mike Swanson, and consultant Jeb Corliss; and free climber Chris Sharma, among others.
burnquist?? sweet!

Suppose I should see the original at some point. I know it's regarded as a classic by many but the cast and concept never really got me riled up.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Suppose I should see the original at some point. I know it's regarded as a classic by many but the cast and concept never really got me riled up.
haha, holy shit what? you haven't seen it? i'm going to go ahead and say don't bother at this point. not sure how well it's held up for a first-time viewing over 20 years later. if you had seen it at the time, you could appreciate its morph into full-on B classic. well, maybe see it, with the idea that it's a john wick prequel.

Unless I'm blind, I spotted LeGros in there as a govt suit.

Looks like a Fast & Furious sequel, with surfing, which is headache inducing given that F&F was basically Point Break minus the surfing.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Suppose I should see the original at some point. I know it's regarded as a classic by many but the cast and concept never really got me riled up.
haha, holy shit what? you haven't seen it? i'm going to go ahead and say don't bother at this point. not sure how well it's held up for a first-time viewing over 20 years later. if you had seen it at the time, you could appreciate its morph into full-on B classic. well, maybe see it, with the idea that it's a john wick prequel.
It shows up at our Alamo Drafthouse about once a year, I have a friend who insists we go, I'll probably take him up on it at some point. I figured it is beloved for its b-movie cred more than its nods to Twelfth Night and whatnot.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:It shows up at our Alamo Drafthouse about once a year, I have a friend who insists we go, I'll probably take him up on it at some point. I figured it is beloved for its b-movie cred more than its nods to Twelfth Night and whatnot.
mostly just for gary busey quotes.