Re: Game Of Thrones

O-dot wrote:
Poor Sansa. May Ramsay soon meet up with Brienne.
I dunno, as much as everyone likes Brienne, with her track record Sansa would probably end up getting gang raped to death under her 'protection.'
The internet is all pissed off at this, apparently it's a different character in the book, blah blah blah. Seems perfectly in keeping with the characters involved and the universe this whole thing takes place in. Not exactly supposed to parallel Portland OR in 2015 or anything.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Seems perfectly in keeping with the characters involved and the universe this whole thing takes place in. Not exactly supposed to parallel Portland OR in 2015 or anything.
I agree. I admit to being unclear, still, why the Internet erupted in anger last year at
Jaime's rape of Cersei. (Putting aside the obvious point that, of course, rape is an unspeakably vicious, destructive, dehumanizing act of violence — I'm talking about it as a plot point, not in terms of the morality of the situation.) There were people complaining "This ruined Jaime's character arc!" or words to that effect — pretty much ignoring that we're talking about an incestuous relationship that was a screwed-up mess from the word go. I tend to doubt it was the first time Jaime forced himself on Cersei.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Agreed on all points. I'd say that that was yet another scene that was a typically Game of Thrones combination of horrific and entirely appropriate.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

apparently in the book, theon joins in. so yeah... be thankful they have strayed from the book.
i'm digging this season quite a bit. the show is not even in the same body of water as the shark.

Funny to me that there's so much bitching considering this season has been the most female-centric of all of them. And if you don't like this kind of thing in your fiction, you're watching the wrong goddamn show and should have known that several years ago.

TC wrote:i'm digging this season quite a bit. the show is not even in the same body of water as the shark.
Yes. Each episode has been solid. And given that (from what I hear) we're in uncharted territory with regard to the source material, there seems to be a freedom, a looseness, if you will, now that the writers don't have to be so faithful to the books.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

This season has been pretty boring to me, though I confess that's frequently my opinion of GoT. Though I too am unsure why everyone is butthurt over
Sansa getting butthurt, beyond the moral repulsion of the act itself. Considering all the other fucked up stuff that's happened in this show this seems an odd place for people to suddenly draw the line.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Saw some of a rebroadcast last night while nursing a busted toe (ouch :DOH: ). I'll yield to the critics credit on one point: The Water Gardens fight IS fairly lame. Not once do you really believe that the Sand Snakes could be much of a match for Bronn or even Jaime.

Goddamn. Great episode tonight. They pack in loads of events in just one hour. I can't believe we're already in the homestretch of the season already.

Yeah, I am not on board with the haters, this is a strong season with a lot happening.
Fatboy finally gets some! Think he's been overdue
:D

holy fuck, if you saw last night's episode and still think this season sucks, there is just something wrong with you. i was freaking out at the end when they said "next, on the final two episodes of the season." i'm like NOOOOOO! there's no way we will get to the shit this season. next season will be insane. holy crap.

I loved the "What.The.FUUUUUCCKKK" look on Jon Snow's face when he realized his Valyrian steel sword could hold off a White Walker.

O-dot wrote:
I loved the "What.The.FUUUUUCCKKK" look on Jon Snow's face when he realized his Valyrian steel sword could hold off a White Walker.
yeah, like OOOOOOH, NOW i know why ned had one! dragon glass, shmagon glass.

Not exactly hitting the brakes this week. Based on what I know about the novels (and this show in general), the finale should be...Game of Thrones-y. I'll just say that.

I liked last night's episode fine,
dodgy green screen and dragon CGI notwithstanding

Haven't the showrunners predicted that the finale next week will break the Internet? I'll be out of town, not sure when I'll get a chance to see it.

O-dot wrote:I liked last night's episode fine,
dodgy green screen and dragon CGI notwithstanding

Haven't the showrunners predicted that the finale next week will break the Internet? I'll be out of town, not sure when I'll get a chance to see it.
Broadly speaking I give this show the benefit of the doubt when they throw down with major CGI that doesn't look like it's from a $200 million dollar movie, they do such a nice job with production value overall that I cut them some slack when they have a big battle or something (like last season's fight at The Wall) that shows the seams a bit. And yes, if they do what happens in the book, it will make the internet scream.