Green Room (Saulnier, 2015)

Saulnier being the director of one of my favorites from last year, Blue Ruin. This sounds awesome:
This movie also borrows from Peckinpah's school of dark revenge, but this time recalls the likes of the more sordid "Straw Dogs." However, this isn't simply some pastiche drawn from different movies to yield a collage of references, but rather very much its own film, and a remarkable one at that.

We're introduced to the members of the hardcore punk band Ain't Rights on the road traveling to their next gig. When opportunity sours, they're forced to participate in a matinee at a decidedly "right wing, or maybe very left" venue, a set that will pay a much-needed $350. The punks-vs-skinheads vibe takes a musically provocative turn when they thrash out a cover of the Dead Kennedys' "Nazi Punks Fuck Off," which doesn't exactly appeal to the room. While this spirited rendition riles up some in the crowd, the rest of the gig goes well, and they return to their off-stage lounge that provides the film with its title.
And then we get Punks vs. Nazis. Hells yeah.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/cannes ... m-20150518
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Green Room (Saulnier, 2015)

Last I checked it was still on Netflix, if you use that service. It was a kickstarter project that was actually worth the internet's time and money. Nasty little revenge flick with a superb sense of pacing.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."