The Visit [Shyamalan]

[youtube][/youtube]
Writer/director/producer M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable) and producer Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, The Purge and Insidious series) welcome you to Universal Pictures’ The Visit. Shyamalan returns to his roots with the terrifying story of a brother and sister who are sent to their grandparents’ remote Pennsylvania farm for a weeklong trip. Once the children discover that the elderly couple is involved in something deeply disturbing, they see their chances of getting back home are growing smaller every day.

Shyamalan produces The Visit through his Blinding Edge Pictures, while Blum produces through his Blumhouse Productions alongside Mark Bienstock (Quarantine 2: Terminal). Steven Schneider (Insidious) and Ashwin Rajan (Devil) executive produce the thriller.
i hope there is a credits tag of the cast murdering m. knight.

Re: The Visit [Shyamalan]

Blumhouse has become quite the force to be reckoned with when it comes to low to microbudgeted horror. Is Shymalan directing and writing on this, or just attaching his name as producer?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

darkness wrote:I know I'm not a huge horror film fan so I may not be catching all the subtle details, but is it just me or do all them coming out lately look exactly the same?
It Follows doesn't. It's a real film, check it out. Please check it out before this.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:It Follows doesn't. It's a real film, check it out. Please check it out before this.
There are a lot of things I'll be checking out before this. I'll add this to the list.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

_Marcus_ wrote:I'm so happy we get more of these documentary-like, handheld-shot horror films and that Shyamalan still gets payed gigs. I'M SO HAPPY.
just got back from this. it is told from the POV of the kids, with the elder daughter being a film snob and trying to make her first documentary. i really didn't want to say this, but goddamn is this good. it really is. it's not groundbreaking cinema, but it showcases all the strengths MKS has and very few of the weaknesses. the plot isn't silly, it's realistic. there is humor in the film, as there is humor in the 14-year old boy. i recommend checking it out, i'll see it again easily (not in the theater, once is plenty). the ending is crazy in a good way, not in a typical MKS way.

if you're keeping track - i know i am - that's two things this year from him that i liked (wayward pines being the other). i won't say he's "back" as i think he has always had high points mixed in with cavernously low points (in the same film), but this shows he's learned (i hope) how to mitigate all the lows and be consistent throughout an effort. i hope this continues, he may be worth something after all.

also, it's not really "horror" at all, just kind of suspenseful.

I read a surprisingly good review of this the other day, glad to see you back it up. It said it has a marvelous gross-out moment.