Re: Game Of Thrones

This is gonna rock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

BAD wrote:#GameOfThronesGate: Hodor And Bran
Out Of Season 5

Last season of Game of Thrones was remarkable because, while it was adapting mostly the third book in the series, all of the Hodor/Bran stuff was taken from the fifth book, bringing those characters right up to the end of their published storylines.
Hell, there was a character with them who was killed who hasn't been killed in the books yet, making their TV story advance past their book story. How, we wondered, will the show deal with this in season five, as it seems unlikely that the next book, The Winds of Winter, will be published when that comes out. The answer: Bran and Hodor ain't in season five.

Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on the show and is also a DJ who is traveling with (wait for it) Rave of Thrones, gave an interview on Australian TV and said:
[quote]We’re not actually in Season Five, by the way. We have a season off. We have a year’s hiatus. [...] Solely because, I imagine, our storyline is up to the end of the books. … So I get a year off now to do Rave of Thrones and gallivant all over the world.
So we're going to go dark for one year as Bran and friends go under the tree and meet that creepy old wizard. Do you mind losing the story for a year? Or are you more interested in what's happening elsewhere in Westeros and across the Narrow Sea?[/spoiler][/quote]
well, shit. that fucking hodors.

Yeah, bro told me Double R had run out of plot for them at this point.
Pretty sure he said the same for Sanza.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

O-dot wrote:In all honesty, these aren't the worst bits of news I've heard.
Yep. Worst bit of news I've heard is that the books start to go south at this point, and I don't just mean into some whack new kingdom.

Well, a lot of HBO series tend to lose their mojo after the fourth season. Maybe the GOT gang can sidestep that and trim the weaker moments from henceforth.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

They've already trimmed one character that, in the books, should have shown up at the end of S4.

And apparently they're going to be showing the last two episodes of last season in IMAX format in some cities soon, with a special S5 trailer attached.

here we have some fantastic posters for the IMAX release. unclear if these are "official" or fan.
game_of_thrones_ver54_xxlg.jpg
game_of_thrones_ver55_xxlg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saw the IMAX presentation. looks and plays phenomenal. the first half would probably play ok for someone that isn't a fan or hadn't seen the previous shows, second half would probably be meaningless to them. one thing i really, really didn't like was the fact that this was literally two episodes doctored for the format. right in the middle we had closing credits, opening credits, "previously on", etc. it would have made MUCH MORE SENSE to remove this break, tie them together, then display the combined credits at the end - you know, like a movie, which is what you're trying to convey here. it really cheapened the whole experience. still, looked and sounded amazing. i walked out thinking how great it would be if they took that last episode of twin peaks and gave it the IMAX treatment prior to the new series as a "refresher".