Re: The Interview (20never, Rogen)

Curious, do you mean military attack on their country? And big yes on the theater chains, I hope the indies rise up and put this well intentioned but probably shit comedy on some screens, I'll buy some tickets and popcorn.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Don't be fooled, this had nothing to do with fear of attacks at theaters. Sony is just using that as an excuse. I'm willing to bet there's still some big dark secret in their hack that hasn't been made public yet and they're hoping this will stop it from being released.
That said, part of me wants to raise a glass to the North Koreans for helping to rid the world of yet another Seth Rogen film. Maybe they're not such an awful government after all. Can they do something about Sandler as well?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

fucking pathetic. do they really think that somehow an attack is going to be organized on thousands of theaters nationwide?

also, to all the people and websites now crying about free speech: this is the culture you created. many of these are the same people that demanded anthony cumia be fired by siriusxm for his mean words stated on his personal twitter account. i said then, if they do this, it is a slippery slope to allow companies to censor people if they don't like what they said or don't get the joke. well, here you go. hope they enjoy reaping what they have sown.

in the '80s, firing jimmy the greek was a pussy move as well, but it was a different culture. it happened and everyone quickly moved on. now, in this overly-sensitive, everyone-demands-an-apology, everything-is-racist culture, that kind of shit has sweeping and long-term effects. any "edgy" or "dangerous" art of any kind can now just be written off if a request is made or a single "i'm offended" tweet or hashtag is posted. fucking enraging and embarrassing, regardless of the content or value of this particular movie.

america: "we don't negotiate with terrorists." - since the dawn of america
sony, to terrorists: "sure, no problem. any other programming you want to modify? would you like fries with that?"

Didn't expect to be watching this on Christmas Day but there we go, fun times... It's amusing in places (Kim Jong-Firework...), yet pretty cheap fwiw. Ironic that they picked NK as an easy target - imagine the same film being made about the leaders of, say, Saudi Arabia, or any of America's more dubious allies, that was never going to happen, was it? The Hollywood propaganda machine rolls on - no wonder Obama objected when they tried to cancel the release! Meanwhile, leftwing voices are censored daily through the concentration of media ownership and the propaganda model as outlined by Chomsky, yet even to mention it is to draw accusations of wearing a tinfoil hat. That's the real joke.

I laughed in a couple of places, but it was mostly just a fairly silly and forgettable film. Surprised North Korea didn't like it as they make Kim Jong-Un out to be a pretty hip fun party dude, even if he was oppressing his people. But as expected, it's a harmless stupid film that would have probably died quickly at the box office with little notice had no one made a stink about it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

The wife and I briefly discussed checking this out but can't get past the fact it has Redbox rental written all over it. Even $6 on YouTube seems steep.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.