Re: Constantine (t.v. series)

Then why are you blowing up the Arrow thread instead of the long dormant Agents of SHIELD thread? That show's gotten really good since late last season. And if memory serves you guys both liked Smallville...
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Then why are you blowing up the Arrow thread instead of the long dormant Agents of SHIELD thread? That show's gotten really good since late last season. And if memory serves you guys both liked Smallville...
I only liked Smallville in the last couple of seasons. Everything before that was rubbish.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Their trump card is certainly Batman--a character so big that a prequel show that doesn't feature him is Fox's biggest new hit. I will admit I've read good things from the fan community about Arrow and even The Flash, but outside of Batman and a few Vertigo titles I could give a rip about DC stuff, always been a Marvel guy through and through.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Gotham just seemed like most any gangster show to me from the pilot. The fact I keep seeing ads with little kid Bruce Wayne asking to learn to fight doesn't make me want to catch up on more episodes. And the writing in the pilot was painful in some places, especially the dialog. Unless someone can make a good case for this show I'm going to keep passing.
Flash is only so-so. I really only watch it because it crosses over with Arrow from time to time.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Ben "The Tic" Edlund wrote a great episode a couple weeks back, and they do have a fun gangland war developing with Penguin in the middle of it. That's about all I have, but I'm hooked for the moment. Next week we get Harvey Dent, apparently. It kind of reads like the Sinister Six project Sony is flailing about with in their wannabe Spideyverse, something that focuses completely on the villains with no superhero in sight. And Batman more than most franchises has the best villains.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:And Batman more than most franchises has the best villains.
Yes, I eagerly await the giant showdown with Killer Moth and Kite Man.
Killer Moth is hella fun to play as on Lego Batman 2, he has this drunken lazy flying thing going. Just sayin'.

NBC not ordering any more episodes past the initial 13. They could order another season later, but based on ratings it looks like this one's dead.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened there but it was announced with little fanfare that this would be it for the show. I suspect Sorkin isn't the easiest to work with.