Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I really hope they kill him off in Age of Ultron, he'd be the perfect death as he's not getting his own solo flick and a guy with every kind of arrow in the world ain't gonna survive a massive robot attack, let's be honest.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

official synopsis:
Marvel Studios presents "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

wow, that looks pretty amazing. also sounds like they are setting it up to be the last one with this cast. funny that hawkeye even does nothing in the trailer, black widow does more than him lol. maybe we can look forward to another self-mocking SNL appearance by renner.

O-dot wrote:Oooh. Explosions, robot suits and fight scenes. :!:
Your inner 10 year old is shaking his head sadly at your cynicism.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I liked those films a lot when they came out (OK, a little less so with Dances with Wolves although I had a funny theater experience that gives me a happy memory of the proceedings), but in the right mood I've always enjoyed things like explosions, robot suits and fights in movies. It's a much preferable way to experience them than in real life. I think it's safe to say that there's probably a relevant political subtext going on here--outsourcing security to high tech--that might elevate the proceedings a bit as well. Oh, and did we say explosions? Explosions!

i was a projectionist when dances with wolves came out. mother fucker played 63 weeks. SIXTY-THREE. even the second print they sent us was so scratched & brittle by the end it was just awful. it would break every other showing somewhere. i will never forgive kevin costner for this.

This is really more general marvel news, but I don't know that it merits a thread of it's own. But Marvel just announced all the Phase Three films. They are:

Captain America 3: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4th, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5th, 2017
Thor 3: Ragnarok - July 28th, 2017
Black Panther - November 3rd, 2017
Captain Marvel - July 6th, 2018
Inhumans on November 2nd, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part One - May 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part Two - May 2019
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Thanks for putting them in order, I was getting a headache trying to sort them out from the garbled 'must break news now via my twitter feed!' crap that was coming out a few hours ago.

Yeah, mine was the same way, and most everyone seemed to have a major hard on for Black Panther and ignored the rest of the news. Infinity War is going to be insane, since it will likely involve Avengers (whomever is left) and Guardians of the Galaxy both. Who knows, by that time maybe Sony will have fully run Spider-man into the ground and he'll show up too. But you almost wonder where they have left to go after that.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Then you finish off the, uh, Ant Man trilogy...? Yeah, I may sell some of my Disney stock before Phase 3 wraps up. I'm also wondering if the DC plan to overload cinemas with stand-alones and team-ups will start to wear away at the Marvel brand. Although audiences generally seem to be trusting Marvel for an action-packed romp and will turn out for them, whoever the characters are (see: Raccoon, Rocket). Very curious to see if this Inhumans thing takes off (lots of conjecture that the concept will initially be introduced in Agents of SHIELD, which by the way is showing a much higher level of consistency in Season 2) and replaces the beloved mutants they can't talk about or use; I've never read the title and the brief character descriptions I've seen sound pretty lame compared to the likes of Storm and Wolverine.

Howard's already made an appearance in the MCU, you never know...here's the hobbled together trailer for Infinity War(s) that Marvel showed the crowd yesterday.

[youtube][/youtube]