The Bridge

thought we had a thread on this, but guess not. first 80% of the first season was pretty good, kind of went a little goofy as the big climax was 2-3 episodes prior to the finale. still, was good enough to stick with it. this season started slow but goddamn have they found their rhythm. this has been a much more interesting, intriguing, and has really been hitting on subjects that i didn't predict they would. if you're watching, what do you think of season 2? if not, you could certainly do worse than checking this out.

Re: The Bridge

Unfortunately we tuned out after the second episode or so, haven't been back.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead missing the boat again... Yeah, it's a good show dealing with some major issues, the 2nd season better than the first now that they're free of the silly murderer plot. Treads similar territory to McCarthy's The Counsellor and, surprisingly, does a better job of it at times.

yeah, i wondered how it would go on now that that plotline was resolved, but i'm with you - thank the gods it is and they moved on. this is a very exploratory, dark season. extremely surprised/impressed with it. really upped the game.

In essence, an incredulous Scandinavian policier remake has transmogrified into a study of US government and banking complicity in the drug trade, half of it in Spanish... Quite a bait and switch to pull off - and on FX of all channels! This season will surely be it.

The question is always, are people watching it? They had a great show on about 6 years ago called Terriers that got canned after one season despite the network loving it. Shows still need to attract certain numbers of eyeballs. It doesn't seem to have the rabid following of, say, Sons of Anarchy, or American Horror Story, or even Justified.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

FX put a bullet in it, last new episode broadcast was 10/1 apparently.

Yep. Too lefty, or just too close to real life, for both FX and the American public. Apparently lack of awards recognition and 'creative momentum' was a factor - not a problem for the right-wing claptrap that is 'Tyrant' apparently, that one's been renewed.

klimov wrote:Yep. Too lefty, or just too close to real life, for both FX and the American public. Apparently lack of awards recognition and 'creative momentum' was a factor - not a problem for the right-wing claptrap that is 'Tyrant' apparently, that one's been renewed.
I never sat through an entire episode of Tyrant, but did flip to it a number of times. Seemed to be trying way too hard to be taken seriously.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I was turned off by the use of the weepy Beck tune in the Tyrant promos.