Sin City 2

Mania wrote:Frank Miller's HARD BOILED Waits For SIN CITY

Comics2Film at Mania.com spoke exclusively to producer Stephen L'Heureux of Solipsist Films who gave us the scoop on his slate of many comic-based films. Among them are two projects in orbit around comics creator and filmmaker Frank Miller: the 'Sin City' franchise and an adaptation of Miller's 'Hard Boiled'.

L'Heureux confirmed for us that the long-awaited sequel 'Sin City 2' will go into production in the second half of 2010. Unlike the first movie, which used the graphic novels as both screenplay and story boards, the sequel will be based on an original script by Miller. As with the original, Miller will co-direct with Robert Rodriguez.

The producer also told us that Miller is hard at work on the screenplay for 'Hard Boiled', based on his comic series from Dark Horse from the early 1990s. Miller is attached to direct that feature.

The ultra-violent comic featured a troubled tax collector named Nixon who slowly begins to realize that his life is nothing like what it seems and he is some kind of robot doing the bidding of a shadowy organization. The book was printed in an oversize format to accommodate the intricately detailed artwork of co-creator Geoff Darrow.

However, L'Heureux told us 'Hard Boiled' is still in the early stages.

"We're still developing it. We got the project in turnaround from Warner Bros and Frank. It's such a pleasure to work with someone like Frank Miller. He's so smart and passionate about story at all levels from 1940s noir pulp to modern film," L'Heureux said.

So when can fans expect to see the movie? The producer said it all comes down to scheduling Miller's time.

"With 'Sin City' just on the horizon I don't think we'd be able to do it with Frank right away. As simple as 'Sin City' seems, it's a very complex scheduling with all these actors and it's a very demanding shoot to be on a sound stage all day long," L'Heureux told us. "We have to space it for Frank. There's also talk, of course, of 'Sin City 3'."

Re: Sin City 2

I cringe at the thought of Miller directing Hard Boiled, especially after The Spirit. He should put that one on the way-back burner and handle something a little more manageable, say a Martha Washington flick.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

I think he could really do some things with a "Kit Kitteridge: American Girl" sequel.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

lots of RR news today...
io9 wrote:Then there's Sin City 2 — which Rodriguez said he'd either film later this year, or maybe never. This year is the best time for him to do this project before he has to do all the other projects on his plate. The second film would be called A Dame to Kill For, and it would include that previously published story plus two new stories that Frank Miller has written.

Robert Rodriguez appears on Sirius XM’s The Ron and Fez Show and reported he and Frank Miller have already begun to discuss Sin City 3. Here’s the quote, via The Interobang.
Yeah—the second Sin City– I was just here with Frank Miller last night and we were watching it last night. [We] finished the cut, effects are being done, it will come out in August…. [Miller] watched Part 2—he watched it last night with me and then at the end he said, he didn’t have any comments, he was very happy with it. And he said, now about part three…. Started telling me how he’s going to do part three. So he’s already there on part three.

Re: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

/film wrote:See Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jessica Alba, and More in New ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ Images

We haven’t heard much about Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For as of late, but today there’s some new material to feast our eyes on.

They include our very first look at original character Johnny (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), who just looks like he’s having the worst day of his life; plus new images of Marv (Mickey Rourke), as rough and tough as ever, and Nancy (Jessica Alba), no longer the innocent damsel in distress.

EW also reveals new info about the plotline, specifically Nancy’s. Whereas she spent most of the first film being rescued by Hartigan (Bruce Willis), it’s now her turn to take action for him. She’s changed since his death, and is now eager to get her revenge.

“You see a little girl in that first film. By the end of this, she’s the avenging angel,” says Rodriguez. And though she’s still dancing at Kadie’s, you’d do well not to dismiss her as “just” a stripper. “She is sick of being treated — as she puts it — ‘as a piece of ass,’” explains Miller.

Nancy’s arc is one of two original stories written specifically by Miller for the movie. The other is “The Long Bad Night,” which follows Gordon-Levitt’s cocky gambler character as he makes the mistake of “beat[ing] the wrong guy at poker.” As the title suggests, what ensues is a terrible evening for poor Johnny.

The other two plot threads come straight from the books. “A Dame to Kill For” has Dwight (Josh Brolin) getting caught up with his manipulative ex (Eva Green), while “Just Another Saturday Night” follows Marv as he tries to reconstruct the events of the previous evening.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opens in 3D on August 22. Juno Temple, Jaime King, Rosario Dawson, Christopher Meloni, Jeremy Piven, Ray Liotta, Dennis Haysbert, and Stacy Keach also star.
ewsincityfirstlook1.jpg
ewsincityfirstlook2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This film kind of came out of no where after years of nothing. Looking forward to it. I have a fondness for the first one. Sadly August is the dumping ground where films go to die. But I'll be in the theater.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_xxlg.jpg
sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_ver2_xlg.jpg
sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_ver3_xxlg.jpg
sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_ver4_xxlg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_ver10_xxlg.jpg
poster was disapproved by the MPAA “for nudity — curve of under breast and dark nipple/areola circle visible through sheer gown.”

:roll:
Last edited by TC on 30/05/14, 08:12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made pretty picture bigger

speaking of which, i just saw that in a store. local record store has laserdiscs. very cheap, obviously. i kind of wanted to buy it but don't really know what the hell i'd do with a collection of laserdiscs.

TC wrote:speaking of which, i just saw that in a store. local record store has laserdiscs. very cheap, obviously. i kind of wanted to buy it but don't really know what the hell i'd do with a collection of laserdiscs.
Probably a wise choice. About the only laserdiscs of my Lynch ones I still watch now and then are On The Air and Hotel Room, only because they haven't been released to dvd. One of these days I'll get around to sucking them into the computer so I don't have to even do that.

here's a less-than-glowing review: People Die In SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - They Are The Lucky Ones. How bad does a sequel have to be to make the original look like a masterpiece?

highlights:
I’m one of those morons who knows how to enjoy a Robert Rodriguez movie. I don’t think he’s a great filmmaker, but I kind of like how little he gives a shit about portraying anything approaching reality, and I tend to appreciate the immature glee his later films usually offer. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For abandons reality more than ever before, which is fine, but its biggest crime is a total and complete lack of that glee. It is absolutely lame, limp, and dead at every turn.
Green spends so much of the film naked that it stops mattering. When she does put on a see-through robe or something she seems draped in technology. I will never forgive this movie for making breasts boring. Never.
This is hard movie to like. Filmmaking is difficult, and I hate to be so negative. But I’m not totally confident it’s all that hard for Rodriguez anymore. Maybe it should be.

I finally watched this. I don't feel quite as negative towards it as some of the reviews posted, but nor did I really like much of it. There's something just...off about a lot of this film. First the two new stories that aren't from the original graphic novels are outright awful. Miller hasn't written anything in ages except for his occasional paranoid old man ramblings and that was probably a good thing. The Joseph Gordon Levitt story is little more than him meandering around and the Nancy story pisses away everything from the Yellow Bastard story and then pisses on itself in the end. "Nancy, don't be like me and become a killer...oh, naw, go ahead, never mind." The best part of the movie is the Dame To Kill for adaption. It works well, flows nicely and feels a lot more like the first movie. If you rent this, you probably can just watch that part and ignore the rest. The other stand alone Marv story is an odd choice for the film as it is little more than Marv beating the crap out of people. It's not awful, but it doesn't seem to fit or flow well with the rest of the film. They should have done Silent Night instead.
Overall this film feels like it was done just to do it, not with any passion. Like Rodriguez and Miller one day said, "Oh shit, we forgot to do the Sin City sequel we were talking about years ago. Quick. let's throw something together just to get it out the door and done so people will quit asking."