Re: new Michael Bay

[youtube][/youtube]

yep. this is also the answer to all those people asking me back in the '80s "What's wrong with a turtles cartoon? So what if it's for kids and they're obsessed with pizza?" THIS is what's wrong with that. forgetting about the abomination of the previous turtles films, when someone says "gritty reboot" they usually mean going back to the roots of the comic, where nothing was funny and it was about story and look/artwork. but now, thanks to the successes of the dumbed-down, redneck-i-fied turtles, this is what we get. no one will ever do a true TMNT film, and that's fucking sad as there is such potential in the source material. again i say, at least we have the casey jones movie that might actually get something halfway right.

[youtube][/youtube]

it's a douche-chill checklist:
1) "That's what I'm talking about!"
2) Mock Batman voice.
3) Skateboard.

only thing missing so far is a reference to pizza and/or cowabunga.

Megan Fox sells the film at a press conference in her own special way:
Megan Fox wrote:Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain – they all go to the theater. They’re gonna love it – and if they don’t love it, they can fuck off, and that’s the end of that.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

That's probably the best distillation of Hollywood thinking in 2014 that can be expressed.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:So, how were the midnight screenings? Don't leave me hangin' bros.
Sorry, Turtles was never my thing even in the '80s. We did try to go to Guardians of the Galaxy last night, but only made it as far as the theater bar.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:So, how were the midnight screenings? Don't leave me hangin' bros.
Sorry, Turtles was never my thing even in the '80s. We did try to go to Guardians of the Galaxy last night, but only made it as far as the theater bar.
Not my thing either. I'm thinking you would have had a blast at Guardians had you escaped the bar after a few rounds.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Not my thing either. I'm thinking you would have had a blast at Guardians had you escaped the bar after a few rounds.
In my defense I'm not that big of a lush. We were meeting some people there who wanted to go to that showing, but by the time we got there (getting anywhere in Pittsburgh is a pain in the ass due to it's lack of sensible infrastructure) it was half way through the film and I didn't feel like paying $31 for half a movie. I'm sure I'll catch it eventually.

Re: Recent movie playlist

I watched the abomination that is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles today. God what an awful film. When Megan Fox is the best actor and least offensive thing in your movie you know you're in trouble. I admit I know nothing about the Turtles having been a bit too old for them by the time Ninja Turtle mania hit originally (and thinking it looked idiotic). Is this what the whole thing is usually like? And if so, why do people like this? It's kind of a one note joke that pretty much wears out its welcome after the initial reveal. This is kind of a light version of a Michael Bay film - same lack of story and character development but with less explosions.
Biggest disappoint of all - not once did Vanilla Ice show up to say "Go Ninja Go!".