Re: Batman-Superman

Leaked comic con footage (while it lasts)
[video][/video]
I'm not that impressed. and why does Batman have headlights? I'm certainly not as excited as the guy in the video, who sounds like he creamed his undies with joy at seeing the two characters in the same film clip.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

here's one:
[youtube][/youtube]

i sincerely hope they are filming the frank miller dark knight story involving these two, as they appear to be teasing. that would be very nice. but i have little faith that hollywood would let it be as is, as evidenced by the appearance of wonder woman.

TC wrote:i sincerely hope they are filming the frank miller dark knight story involving these two, as they appear to be teasing. that would be very nice. but i have little faith that hollywood would let it be as is, as evidenced by the appearance of wonder woman.
I think they're trying to tease it that way to get the fanboys on board, but I can't see them following that story too closely. For one thing they already adapted it in the animated films just over a year ago, and Warner is pretty paranoid about the animated stuff duplicating live action and vice versa so as not to "confuse" people. Remember when they wouldn't let them use Batman on Justice League Unlimited because Batman Begins was coming out? They would have never done the Dark Knight Returns animated movie if it was also really the basis of the live action film.

They'll borrow story elements (i.e. a big green kryptonite-laced suit, I'm guessing) much like Nolan cherry picked a few things from Killing Joke, Long Halloween and Nightfall, but I'm sure it'll be nothing approaching a straight adaptation of Dark Knight Returns.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:They'll borrow story elements (i.e. a big green kryptonite-laced suit, I'm guessing) much like Nolan cherry picked a few things from Killing Joke, Long Halloween and Nightfall, but I'm sure it'll be nothing approaching a straight adaptation of Dark Knight Returns.
This. But really as long as Batman kicks Superman's ass at least once I'll be happy. Someone needs to make him pay for all the damage and people he killed in the previous film.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:They'll borrow story elements (i.e. a big green kryptonite-laced suit, I'm guessing) much like Nolan cherry picked a few things from Killing Joke, Long Halloween and Nightfall, but I'm sure it'll be nothing approaching a straight adaptation of Dark Knight Returns.
This. But really as long as Batman kicks Superman's ass at least once I'll be happy. Someone needs to make him pay for all the damage and people he killed in the previous film.
You may not be far off at all from the plot threads that lead Batman to want to kick Superman's ass.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

This has been an ongoing story for several months, but seriously...Captain America just kicked Superman AND Batman's asses back to the non-blockbuster season. There's some real confidence going there!

Alexhead wrote:This has been an ongoing story for several months, but seriously...Captain America just kicked Superman AND Batman's asses back to the non-blockbuster season. There's some real confidence going there!
actually, there is. they could put this anywhere and it will make no more or less money. fan base is already there will wallets open.

Oh yeah, it'll make money. But the question is, how much? Bad perception and press can still shave a hundred mil off its final take. My suspicion is that a Batman vs Superman fight will be enough to drag the multitudes to the multiplexes, but it can still underperform, especially with the superhero saturation effect having to kick in eventually and the very real chance of a mixed to poor bag with Snyder/Goyer in charge.

In related news, Marvel continues to kick DC's ass with a fucking talking raccoon.

TC wrote:the real question is, will the fight be longer than the keith david/roddy piper fight in they live? no, i think not.
No fight is as long or as epic as that one. Or as pointless, which is just one of the many reasons to love that film. I don't know though, the fight scenes in Man of Steel seemed to drag on forever. They might come close this time.

Combine the picture of Ed Hardy tat boy onstage with the depth and nuance of his defense of this epic character who may or may not be in the movie (confirmed casting be damned), and color me impressed!

So Robin is in the film, and they're going the girl route ala Dark Night Returns. Because you know, there weren't enough characters crammed into this thing already. I can only assume Brother Power the Geek will be added soon.