Re: Batman-Superman

/film wrote:‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Title Announced

Warner Bros has officially announced that Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman movie will be officially titled Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The title is obviously playing upon the announced Justice League follow-up. Principal photography starts today in Detroit, MI. Read the full press release after the jump, and see the official logo.
CAMERAS ROLL ON DIRECTOR ZACK SNYDER’S “BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE” FROM WARNER BROS. PICTURES

Principal photography is underway in Metro Detroit, Michigan

BURBANK, CA, May 21, 2014 – Filming is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” the highly anticipated action adventure from director Zack Snyder, starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, and Ben Affleck as BruceWayne/Batman.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning from “Man of Steel,” Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”is written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Principal photography will take place on location at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.

Set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.
ZZ50D03954.jpg
new-batman-suit-2014-HR-lightened.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Ah, so the film is a courtroom drama then. I suspect the entire film is one long deportation hearing as Batman tries to get Superman deported for being an illegal alien. You'll gasp in awe at the riveting jury selection scene! Enjoy shot after shot of legal council arguing technicalities and making motions. Then two hours into the film Superman destroys a few buildings across from the courthouse, killing and wounding several hundred people. Because that's what Superman does these days it seems.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

There's a rumor going around now that Emily Blunt is in talks for playing Catwoman in the film. Who the hell isn't in this movie at this point? Are they trying to turn this into Crisis on Infinite Earths? I can't wait to find out how they try to keep this from becoming a huge mess.
Last edited by darkness on 04/06/14, 20:55:41, edited 1 time in total.

TC wrote:here's a hint: they're not.
My theory is that every time another comic book film comes out and makes a ton of money, some exec decides they need to add another character to make sure they make as much money. "Iron Man three had a huge opening. We need Wonder Woman too!" "X-Men cleaned up at the box office this weekend! Quick, add Catwoman to our film so we can try to top it!" This film has all the looks of story by committee.

Word is now Jason Momoa is being cast as Aquaman in this. So at this point I believe we're up to Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman vs. Cyborg vs. Aquaman vs. Lex Luthor vs. Catwoman vs. Gamera vs. Gyaos vs. Kramer vs. Kramer vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Joe vs. the Volcano.

Really, it's a love story.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

With all the promotion so far you'd almost think Superman wasn't in this film.
bvs-00754-edit_53d03e04c5f306-62433326.jpg

You know how Man of Steel got a mixed reception? I really see this one getting crucified. I think a combination of a highly mixed bag of filmmakers, two lead characters who have been rebooted too many times, and comic book hero supersaturation by 2016 is going to be big trouble.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:You know how Man of Steel got a mixed reception? I really see this one getting crucified. I think a combination of a highly mixed bag of filmmakers, two lead characters who have been rebooted too many times, and comic book hero supersaturation by 2016 is going to be big trouble.
Ding ding! :dance:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Naw, I think it'll have the same luke-warm reception Man of Steel got. It is still Batman after all. Unless they decide to slap nipples on the suit and make everything pastels in an effort to sell toys it'll probably have modest success. There are a lot of people, myself included, who are hoping to see Batman beat the shit out of Superman ala The Dark Knight Returns and will go for that alone. Their hopes of Marvel level success won't be reached, but I can see it being a modest success. Of course part of the problem is that unlike Marvel who tends to be a bit smarter with their budgets, Warner blows through cash faster than Rick James blew through coke in the '80s.

Yeah, any approximation of the Batman/Superman fight from DKR will get the fanboys drooling, and people do like them some Batman. But I don't see an Avengers-style cleanup at the box office, especially because with Goyer and Snyder making it, it's not going to get the good vibe thumbs up reviews that Avengers generally did.

The biggest difference will be in the domestic box office. Avengers was a huge hit both here and over seas. Whereas Man of Steal just had so-so success here but did huge boxoffice overseas (thus the reason we're getting another one).