Re: Today

bernie could have won. dems made their bed, this is what they get. and we all have to deal with it. arrogance.

also, really? you don't even have to live here. a part of me feels like this is the best possible outcome for short-term safety. i don't see hillary people rioting and shooting today. and, it's more than likely over. whereas if she won, trump would have dragged this out forever and redneck trumpites would have rioted.

Yes, really. A Trump presidency could have ramifications for entire globe, especially considering his comments on Nato, nuclear weapons and russia. I'm absolutely concerned for the future in a way I've never been after any other election in any other country. Don't think this election doesn't affect people not living in the US (even though obviously, you guys have it worse).

TC wrote:bernie could have won. dems made their bed, this is what they get. and we all have to deal with it. arrogance.

also, really? you don't even have to live here. a part of me feels like this is the best possible outcome for short-term safety. i don't see hillary people rioting and shooting today. and, it's more than likely over. whereas if she won, trump would have dragged this out forever and redneck trumpites would have rioted.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I am actually more concerned that we have a Republican House, Senate, and President than just "Trump won". There is a bit too much unknown about whether or not Trump will rubber-stamp some of the things Republican Legislators will push through, especially if they get another Supreme Court justice in the next four years.

The Republicans have 2 years to start to make good on their promises to fix the economy, or I think that a large number of their base (not the racist portion, the actual conservative part) will turn on them. They have absolutely no excuses.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Storm13 wrote:The Republicans have 2 years to start to make good on their promises to fix the economy, or I think that a large number of their base (not the racist portion, the actual conservative part) will turn on them. They have absolutely no excuses.
I don't think they'll turn on them though, that's the thing. These people always vote against their own better interests, and it's already been proven they'll buy into any bullshit reason. If things are better in a couple of years Trump and the GOP will find some new bogymen to pin it on and 50% of the country will lap it up. They only get their news from FoxNews. Remember, these same people have been certain for eight years that Obama was coming for their guns despite all evidence to the contrary.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:I don't think they'll turn on them though, that's the thing. These people always vote against their own better interests, and it's already been proven they'll buy into any bullshit reason. If things are better in a couple of years Trump and the GOP will find some new bogymen to pin it on and 50% of the country will lap it up. They only get their news from FoxNews. Remember, these same people have been certain for eight years that Obama was coming for their guns despite all evidence to the contrary.
This is my view on it too. I've always been fascinated by how many people vote against their better interests in the US (un-educated, low income households voting republican). And Trump won partly because blatant lies that people bought without question. Him winning strenghtens their belief that he was right all along.