Re: 2012 election

That's kind of how the numbers are adding up, aren't they? If that's the case, it will be fun to throw a lot of Republican rhetoric from 12 years ago about "that's the system, deal with it" back in their faces.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yay Missouri!
Republican Senate candiate Todd Aikin said, not wrote:“From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin said. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Storm13 wrote:Yay Missouri!
Republican Senate candiate Todd Aikin said, not wrote:“From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin said. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
So delighted, this will definitely help us keep the senate majority if he stays in. Not feeling as great about the White House these days, unfortunately.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Not feeling as great about the White House these days, unfortunately.
It's early still. Mitt doesn't wear well after a while.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I'm really confused. Tracing polls, Obama seems to be doing better with certain segments of the electorate, but a metric out of the University of Colorado that came out this week that traces purely economic data (and claims to be accurate dating back to 1980) has Mitt by a comfortable margin. Again, I think we'll get a 2000 replay, which will do little good for my blood pressure.

Alexhead wrote:I'm really confused. Tracing polls, Obama seems to be doing better with certain segments of the electorate, but a metric out of the University of Colorado that came out this week that traces purely economic data (and claims to be accurate dating back to 1980) has Mitt by a comfortable margin. Again, I think we'll get a 2000 replay, which will do little good for my blood pressure.
Nate Silver, the NYT's poll-numbers cruncher, apparently found that UofC metric riddled with flaws.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:I'm really confused. Tracing polls, Obama seems to be doing better with certain segments of the electorate, but a metric out of the University of Colorado that came out this week that traces purely economic data (and claims to be accurate dating back to 1980) has Mitt by a comfortable margin. Again, I think we'll get a 2000 replay, which will do little good for my blood pressure.
Nate Silver, the NYT's poll-numbers cruncher, apparently found that UofC metric riddled with flaws.
Yeah, I heard the UofC guy on the radio coring on Nate's being so reliant on polls when his was on economic data, pissing match going on fo sho.

I think the analysis is the same it has been. Mitt cannot win certain states and that will keep him from getting to 270, popular vote notwithstanding.

You guys are just... insane if you vote in Romney this year... what with the tea party running rampant in the Republican party and making Bush look like kermit the frog... Sorkin's The Newsroom should be required viewing for all Americans wishing to vote!

Indeed, great show. Hopefully they get a good bounce off the convention, Clinton gave a rousing speech last night.

The one thing that really surprises me about that is that they managed to sneak in a video and actually record it. The statements themselves should come as no surprise what so ever, unfortunately. It's just good that it was caught on tape.

klimov wrote:What a cunt!!

How anyone but the super-rich and super-selfish can now vote for this guy is beyond me.

Really, it's not exactly difficult to see...

"Only around one in 20 of those surveyed in Britain, France and Germany held a positive view of the Republican presidential nominee."
You don't understand Amerca at all.

Quotes from my local newspaper...

Code: Select all

Comments
 RobHunterJohnson 5 hours, 9 minutes ago 
Ryan needs to inform Mitt to think before he speaks, because the only ones who are listening are the Wealthy. Rob

Reply ↵ Suggest removalFlagged for removal 
 clingingredneck 12 minutes ago 
Are you part of the 47%? Cause you sound like a kid whose afraid he's going to get his candy taken away.

JCLifer 2 hours, 5 minutes ago 
The entitlement class feels like they are going to continue to ride the gravy train.

clingingredneck 10 minutes ago 
I love that they post a video of Mitt telling the truth about the 47% who don't pay taxes and ride on the sweat of others, thinking it would embarras him. LOL He was just telling the truth and shaming the devil. We need someone like that!

klimov wrote:How anyone but the super-rich and super-selfish can now vote for this guy is beyond me.
Most of the television talking heads seem to be on the same page: Romney is toast.

That being said, he'll still rack up at least 45% of the popular vote and nearly 200 electoral votes, if not more. Were it not for the fact that the economy sucks and a good portion of the voting bloc are racist assholes, Obama would be cruising toward an LBJ/Reagan-style landslide.

klimov wrote:Storm, I know that a lot of Americans are very very stupid (and unpleasant!), is that what you mean?
Pretty much sums it up, yes.