Re: 2012 election

France was the most strongly pro-Obama (72%).
Fucking frogs. That's one more reason to vote for Romney!

I actually know somebody that recently took a European cruise and refused to go to Paris because he hates French people. This person also watches Fox News almost 24/7.

Not much left to say, with four days to go. Here's my Electoral College prediction: Obama 290 (and the winner) to Romney's 248. Ohio will be Mitt's Waterloo.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

klimov wrote:Yet more evidence that a basic intelligence test should be required before becoming eligible to vote :dance:
Careful, that's Republican talk 8)
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

O-dot wrote:Not much left to say, with four days to go. Here's my Electoral College prediction: Obama 290 (and the winner) to Romney's 248. Ohio will be Mitt's Waterloo.
That's my hope, and general prediction.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

O-dot wrote:Come Wednesday morning I never want to hear Mittens' name again.
Dukakkis. Dole. Kerry. McCain. Let Mittens join those esteemed ranks soon.

We have the Presidency and the Senate. We'll take it. Now let's see some SC justices retire!

Alexhead wrote: Now let's see some SC justices retire!
Unfortunately, the liberals look like the ones most likely to leave first. Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy are likely to hang on until they croak, and Roberts and Alito will probably be on the bench for decades to come.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote: Now let's see some SC justices retire!
Unfortunately, the liberals look like the ones most likely to leave first. Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy are likely to hang on until they croak, and Roberts and Alito will probably be on the bench for decades to come.
Yeah, I know. At the very least I'm glad we've got a Democrat to replace those liberal justices, and while I'd never wish for something bad to happen to the others, an early retirement or two to spend more time at home with the wife and dog (one in the same if you're Clarence Thomas) would be just fine too.

Ah, I'd forgotten about Linzer, what with Nate Silver taking the brunt of things. As much as I'm glad to see vindication for science, it's hardly a huge surprise. What I do find surprising, however, is the quote from Gallup in the right margin of that article ("What the pollsters think"). I think they've got the completely wrong end of the stick - Linzer and co. admit that the core of their data is based around polls like those; they aggregate multiple such sources and apply mathematical formulae to get an accurate picture. It's the pundits and their flapping gums that they're taking shots at. I don't know why Frank Newport is so bent out of shape over this - they're both working on the side of statistical and mathematical data, rather than hot-air.