A letter to Pat Roberston

Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action.

But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished.

Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"?

If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll.

You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best, Satan

Re: A letter to Pat Roberston

What's the general mindset among the "average" american when it comes to all these far right nutcases? I get my fix of american politics from being addicted to The Daily Show and Real Time with Bill Maher (and I don't claim any of them to be non-partisan or non-biased, just to be clear...), and I'm always amazed and saddened by how much hatred can be thrown up from the right-wingers claiming to act in the name of the people/freedom/whatever.

But how much support to they really have among average people? A fat bastard like Limbaugh for instance, does he have enough followers to be a "threat" or is he just being... fat and loud?

Btw, I ALMOST wish I was a christian so that I could wish Robertson to hell for those remarks of his...
Last edited by _Marcus_ on 16/01/10, 15:27:35, edited 1 time in total.

_Marcus_ wrote:What's the general mindset among the "average" american when it comes to all these far right nutcases? But how much support to they really have among average people? A fat bastard like Limbaugh for instance, does he have enough followers to be a "threat" or is he just being... fat and loud?
The country is about evenly divided between left and right. And while I'd sleep better at night thinking that most of those 50% on the right can't be the extreme nut jobs like Limbaugh and Robertson, the fact that Limbaugh is considered by many to be the true leader of the Republican Party and has an audience of around 14 million people tells me a large portion of those 50% are lock step with them. Hell, the 700 Club is on the air three times a day here in Dallas. If no one was watching Robertson, surely they wouldn't run it so many times. Given the idiotic things I hear people say around here, I'm inclined to believe that at least half of those 50% are just as nutty as Limbaugh and Robertson, probably more.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Yeah, that really was everything that needed to be said, and said so well. Now taking bets on which one turns out to be the Anti-Christ's side-kick. I'm opening with Limbaugh.

Of course, what makes it worse in your country is that the majority of folk presiding over your courts seem to align themselves with the likes of Limbaugh.

Draesk wrote:Of course, what makes it worse in your country is that the majority of folk presiding over your courts seem to align themselves with the likes of Limbaugh.
That's Bush's fault because he appointed a lot of the judges we have today. Hopefully Obama will be around long enough to help undo some of that damage.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:What's the general mindset among the "average" american when it comes to all these far right nutcases? But how much support to they really have among average people? A fat bastard like Limbaugh for instance, does he have enough followers to be a "threat" or is he just being... fat and loud?
The country is about evenly divided between left and right. And while I'd sleep better at night thinking that most of those 50% on the right can't be the extreme nut jobs like Limbaugh and Robertson, the fact that Limbaugh is considered by many to be the true leader of the Republican Party and has an audience of around 14 million people tells me a large portion of those 50% are lock step with them. Hell, the 700 Club is on the air three times a day here in Dallas. If no one was watching Robertson, surely they wouldn't run it so many times. Given the idiotic things I hear people say around here, I'm inclined to believe that at least half of those 50% are just as nutty as Limbaugh and Robertson, probably more.
And the award for "Best Messing Up of Ones Weekend" goes to... :suicide: