Re: odd/funny/random pics of the day

Do people really talk shit about the f/x? If so, that's a little unfair.

I'd complain about 'bare-headed' stillsuits and the lack of robes, but that would be silly.....

Trying to tell characters apart in a situation like that would be a nightmare for an already difficult film.

I understand the need for compromise even though part of me inside is still screaming....

"Put on your hoods! Do you know how much moisture you're losing??"
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

PZ wrote:Do people really talk shit about the f/x? If so, that's a little unfair.
Yes. That's usually the first complaint you hear about it.

As far as the SVU list goes, they forgot "Stabler loses his cool and gets worked up about something to the point of near (or not so near) violence."
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I've always thought, for an 80s movie, Dune looks great, love the production design throughout. Maybe I'm biased but it looks like Lynch doing sci-fi to me, and of course that's going to be cool.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Lol. I don't have an iphone, but I'm certain 85% of the autocorrect things posted are fake. For one thing it seems to be always trying to correct words that aren't misspelled. Nor can I imagine apple, as paranoid as they are, would let out an autocorrect function that seems to have a perchance for inserting explicit words where they clearly don't belong, often to the point of having little in common with the original word.

the thing about today's auto-correct is that it learns from your typing patterns and styles. so if you say "fuck" way more than you say "muck", when you try to say "muck" it will likely suggest "fuck". if you tap space before you see it - if you're typing fast, ex - there you go.

but this one i like much more. :)

Draesk wrote:I had a friend once try to tell me that she had put the burgers in the oven and it was time to head over. It came out as her putting "nigger waffles" in the oven thanks to the auto-correct on her phone.
If the correct works the way TC describes, that's a bit concerning that it assumed she wanted the n word.

TC wrote:hahaha, nigger waffles? wtf is that? man, in one week i've learned about nigger toes (thanks to louie ck) and now nigger waffles. is there any other racist food group i should know about?
We have this delicious pastry in sweden that's like a big chocolate ball covered in either sugar or small pieces of coconut. Not sure if it's a swedish exclusive in any way, but the nickname for this pastry has for many, many years been (exact translation) "negro balls". No joke. The correct word is chocolate ball but "negro ball" hangs in there.