while we have had some unwritten rules since our genesis here, it appears that it's time we commit them to the written archive and submit them to the Ø collective. plus, we've kind of been waiting on this new version of the software to make our lives a hell of a lot easier. nothing is changing with regards to how the site is run or anything like that - it will be the same boring/exciting (lol) place it has always been. but now you can't say that you didn't know the rules, infidels! (also, mostly for the benefit of new users that will soon be flocking in droves to the site, lollerz).
any questions, shoot me a PM or catch me on IM.
your humble host,
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning, at minimum.
- The moderating team reserves the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. left to the discretion of team members.
- These forum rules also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings and/or the revocation of private messaging privileges.
- g0re.net operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a one year period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of one week. Any further offenses will result in a permanent ban.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. This includes starting new topics for the sole purpose of arguing with a team member. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban, etc. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and/or publicly post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While g0re.net may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- Any decision made by the staff is final and not up for discussion.