Pit wrote:yep, the fatal mistake was issuing terrorists with work visas
To work in Pakistan. Or something.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

what is this?
December 28, 2007 10:39 pm EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Dr. Paul has consistently polled higher in New Hampshire than some of the other candidates who have been invited.”

Snyder continued, “Paul supporters should know that we are continuing to make inquiries with Fox News as to why they have apparently excluded Dr. Paul from this event.”

Well, you can't really blame them. Last thing they need is a six foot tall black drag queen running around the stage singing Supermodel while someone is trying to answer a question about healthcare.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

i'm not sure, but i think that might be rupaul you're thinking of. not that i know what ron paul does in his free time...

To quote Emily Litella, "Oh, that's very different...never mind."

I was trying to make a joke.

yeah, i laughed. it's the exact same joke i made on another forum when someone first brought up ron paul. we both have a pretty dry sense of humor. :)

What a moron, part II:
DES MOINES, Iowa - Mike Huckabee said Monday he wouldn't run a TV ad he'd prepared blistering Republican rival Mitt Romney as dishonest. Then he showed it to a room packed with reporters and cameramen.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I'd dearly love to say that there is no chance of someone getting into office who is as clearly incompetent as some of the candidates that we have seen, but history disagrees. The prospect that one of these idiots may end up running the most powerful country in the world is, quite frankly, fucking scary.

Unfortunately I do not think that Obama has a realistic chance and while Clinton doesn't exactly tickle my taste-buds, I'd certainly take her over some of the other options available.

Given how much the US is sprawling itself across the world stage, and especially into British politics, I think people in the UK should get a 1/2 vote in American elections and everyone else in the world get a 1/4 vote. :mrgreen:

Edit: I wouldn't pass on her daughter though.
Edit: Google has failed me.
Last edited by Draesk on 03/01/08, 10:00:25, edited 2 times in total.

Uh, that's Natalie Portman not Chelsea.

---

So wtf - I hear that Fuckabee / Romney are in the lead in Iowa and McCain / Romney in New Hampshire. I thought Giuliani was the most likely candidate and Fuckabee / Romney were outsiders?!

Go Obama...

Giuliani leads most national polls — barely. His strategy is to survive past Iowa and NH and then score big on Feb. 5 when about half the US states hold their primaries. The problem for Giuliani is that with all the focus on these two early states right now, he loses airtime to Romney and Huck.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Yeah, Natalie Portman's way hotter than Chelsea Clinton. Maybe they could trade. Though keeping Bill off Natalie would be a problem.
As for Giuliani, he doesn't have a chance. He's too moderate and pro-choice. That alone will sink much of his party support. Even if he somehow manages to get the republican nomination (I'm skeptical he will), he'll never win the general election. The republican party has been taken over by the ultraconservative religious right and they'll never vote for someone who's pro-choice. Not that they'll vote for a democrat, they'll just not vote at all. But I doubt they'll even let him survive the primaries. All he's got going for him is the hero of 9/11 bit and that won't carry him very far. Don't be surprised if Huckabee gets the nomination. God help us (pun intended) if he becomes president.

I'm pretty convinced that on the off-chance Giuliani gets the GOP nomination, the hardcore right-wing fundies will break away and back a third party. Abortion is the defining issue for these people - they simply can't get past it. Sept. 11 or not, Rudy's a baby killer to them.

I won't make any other predictions - Iowa votes today and NH next week. We'll have a clearer picture soon. McCain's apparent resurgence is interesting: Maybe after flirting with Mitt, Fred and now Huck, the GOP will finally go back to the old standby.

Cometh the Rapture:
Huckabee wins GOP Iowa caucuses
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Mike Huckabee, a Baptist preacher turned politician, rode a wave of support from evangelical Christians to victory Thursday night in the Iowa caucuses, first test in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

Told you so. The Republican party has been taken over by the evangelical nut jobs. Bush was the start of it and it's only going to get worse. Make no mistake about it, there is a holy war going on in this country with the intention of turning this into a Christian nation. And before you say that will never happen, it's already started and they're a lot more organized than any opposition is. Welcome to the Taliban US style.

darkness wrote:Told you so.
"Mike is right as usual." — klimov, Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 am. :wink:

O-dot wrote:
darkness wrote:Told you so.
"Mike is right as usual." — klimov, Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 am. :wink:
In this case I wish very much I had been wrong. :(

darkness wrote:Told you so. The Republican party has been taken over by the evangelical nut jobs. Bush was the start of it and it's only going to get worse. Make no mistake about it, there is a holy war going on in this country with the intention of turning this into a Christian nation. And before you say that will never happen, it's already started and they're a lot more organized than any opposition is. Welcome to the Taliban US style.
Damn straight.
http://www.vectortrio.com

I highly doubt Huckabee will get the nomination even though he won in hick friendly Iowa (spoken like a true Nebraskan :P ), and he'll never win the Presidency, no matter how aw-shucks nice he is. If he does in fact get the nomination, the Republicans will get slammed into the ground and the party will start to pull back from all this religious right hogwash. That's how I see it playing out.

Of course, if there's another act of terror on US soil, it's game over for us secularists.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."