He gets my vote provided he records another "I" album.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Alexhead wrote:Dang, I was hoping Brownback and Tancredo would lead my list...
And Brownback has left the race, even.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Dang, I was hoping Brownback and Tancredo would lead my list...
And Brownback has left the race, even.
Yeah, broke me wee heart it did to see him admit that "we have no money."
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Biden (disagree on Iraq, Immigration and Taxes) followed by Giuliani (disagree on Iraq, Immigration, Health Care, and Line-Item Veto) when I took the test. Most everyone after that was an even split of agree and disagrees until my last two, Huckabee and Paul.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

i took the quiz and obama & clinton both got 40 for me. huckabee, paul, mccain, brownback, tancredo and thompson all got 10 or below, in decreasing order.

My highest was McCain at 36. Ron Paul was #5 at 28. The highest Democrat was #11 with 15 points, and Hillary and Obama only had 5 points. I guess I'm not the liberal that I used to be.

Here are my actual numbers:

Joe Biden: 44
Rudy Giuliani: 42
Mitt Romney: 37
John Edwards: 36
Bill Richardson: 36
Barack Obama: 36
Hillary Clinton: 36
Chris Dodd: 31
Dennis Kucinich: 31
John McCain: 30
Jim Gilmore: 28
Duncan Hunter: 28
Mike Gravel: 26
Fred Thompson: 23
Sam Brownback: 18
Tom Tancredo: 18
Mike Huckabee: 13
Ron Paul: 12
Just cut them up like regular chickens

"I'm not a superhero! I'm a Latter-Day Saint."
Romney vows Mormon church would not run White House
By Steve Holland

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney vowed on Thursday the Mormon church would not run the White House if he is elected, as he sought to reassure Americans wary of his religion.

Attempting to halt a slide in the polls in Iowa, where former Arkansas Gov. and Baptist preacher Mike Huckabee has surged into the lead, Romney made an impassioned appeal to Americans to look beyond his religion.

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin," Romney said.

He spoke at the presidential library of former President George H.W. Bush in College Station, a setting chosen in part because it is not far from Houston, where Democratic candidate John Kennedy addressed Americans about his Catholic religion in 1960 and went on to win the presidency that year.

Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts who would be the first Mormon president of the United States as Kennedy was the first Catholic president, cast himself in Kennedy's mold.
And how about that Huckabee, eh? Keep watching, he'll have a Howard Dean meltdown sooner rather than later.

I figure the pressure will get to Huck and he'll be found in his hotel room gorging on 20 lbs of nachos or something.

Just read "Under The Banner Of Heaven," I'll be damned if I ever vote for a Mormon.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I figure the pressure will get to Huck and he'll be found in his hotel room gorging on 20 lbs of nachos or something.
His parole record as governor will hurt him big time, and this weekend it came out that he once wanted to quarantine all AIDS patients. And the pressure is only just beginning! :P

Local blogger writes today:
He never said he wanted to quarantine anyone, he protested. He only wanted to isolate them. Oh. That's different. (First definition in Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary of the word "isolate:" : "to set apart from others; also : quarantine")
Trust me, Huck is about 90 miles of bad road. The national GOP has to be shitting peaches about the prospect of him as the nominee.

Kucinich - 61
Gravel - 57
Dodd - 55
Richardson - 49
Obama - 48
Clinton - 48
Biden - 48
Edwards - 42
Paul - 38
Giuliani - 26
McCain - 13
Romney - 7

Of course, this whole exercise is ham-strung and idiofied by their choice of "key issues". For example, the question "Should we round up the ruling classes into re-education camps in Alaska and feed them a bowl of rice a week for the next 20 years?" fails to make an appearance.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:I figure the pressure will get to Huck and he'll be found in his hotel room gorging on 20 lbs of nachos or something.
His parole record as governor will hurt him big time, and this weekend it came out that he once wanted to quarantine all AIDS patients. And the pressure is only just beginning! :P
I wrote a paper in an English class once based on Swift's A Modest Proposal where I outlined doing exactly that--the number of people who thought I was serious and it was a good idea, even knowing what the goddamn assignment was based on, was astounding.

Holy Joe clearly sees his only purpose today is to piss off his former party:
Lieberman to endorse McCain
By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Sen. John McCain, trying to build momentum toward a reprise of his 2000 New Hampshire primary victory, is piling up high-profile endorsements, including one from another political maverick, Sen. Joseph Lieberman.

The Connecticut senator, an independent who was the Democrats' 2000 vice presidential nominee, was scheduled to announce his support for McCain at a town hall meeting Monday morning in Hillsborough.

A Lieberman adviser said the senator decided to back McCain despite being a Republican because he believes his colleague from Arizona "has the best chance of uniting the country in its fight against Islamic terrorism."

It's highly amusing (or perhaps it's scary) that Huck feels the need to prop up Chuck Norris for each of his campaign and TV appearances.

I keep waiting for the wheels to come off the Huckabee express (it has to happen), but time's running out.

What a moron.
Huckabee said that the [Bhutto assassination] underscored the need to enforce U.S. immigration laws to make sure terrorists “don’t slip across our own borders.”

O-dot wrote:What a moron.
Huckabee said that the [Bhutto assassination] underscored the need to enforce U.S. immigration laws to make sure terrorists “don’t slip across our own borders.”
WOW. lol.