Even if the entire US administration was staffed with poor quality clones of Buddy Bush, I don't think they'd be so reckless as to release a falsified recording. Better to just say "STATE SECRET CLASSIFIED NATIONAL SECURITY" than take the chance of getting caught.

nah, it's easy to discredit anyone who comes forth with "proof" that the recording has been altered as a "conspiracy loon"; see this thread, except when stated using every national media outlet as your talking head.

i don't even see the point in looking at it.

TC wrote:i don't even see the point in looking at it.
"I speak straight from the gut, OK? I give people the truth, unfiltered by rational argument. I call it the 'No Fact Zone'."
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

AP reports:
Pentagon release security camera images of plane slamming into Pentagon on 9/11
By ROBERT BURNS
AP Military Writer
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon on Tuesday released the first video images of American Airlines Flight 77 crashing into the military headquarters building and killing 189 people in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The images, recorded by Pentagon security cameras outside the building, were made public in response to a December 2004 Freedom of Information Act request by Judicial Watch, a public interest group. Some still images from the video had previously been leaked and publicly circulated, but this was the first official release.

The airplane is a thin white blur on the video as it slams into the Pentagon at ground level. Almost instantly a white flash and a huge orange fireball appear on the video, followed by a tower of gray-black smoke. One of the videos shows a Pentagon police car driving in the direction of the impact point shortly after the plane hit.

Traveling at an estimated 350 mph, the hijacked American Airlines plane plowed into the southwest side of the Pentagon at 9:38 a.m. EDT, shortly after two other hijacked airlines were flown into the twin towers at the World Trade Center in New York. The attack set off fires in a portion of the Pentagon and killed 125 people inside, in addition to the 59 passengers and crew and the five men who hijacked the plane at Dulles International Airport.

The Pentagon had previously refused to release the videos, saying they had been provided to the Justice Department as evidence in any criminal proceedings.

“We fought hard to obtain this video because we felt that it was very important to complete the public record with respect to the terrorist attacks of September 11,” said Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch.

Cheryl Irwin, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said families of the victims of the Pentagon attack were not consulted before the videos were released on the Pentagon’s Web site.
Links to two videos.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Speaking of which, happened to catch this in Ebert's Answer Man column yesterday...
Q. Mass media twist the arm of most Americans today because most only know what they see and hear on TV or radio. I do not rely on just mainstream media. I'd like you to review "Loose Change." Considering you are a member of the mass media and since money is probably what motivates you in a day and age of greed and you are too busy of a man to reply to my one e-mail, please watch this online link if you have any real remorse for those lost due to what happened on 9/11.

Kyle Kern, no hometown provided

A. Readers can find the film by Googling "Loose Change video" and clicking on the first link. I have received countless messages urging me to see this film, which essentially charges that 9/11 was a hoax generated by the Bush administration to justify the invasion of Iraq. It questions whether commercial aircraft actually crashed into the Twin Towers, says United 93 may have been shot down by a missile, doubts a plane crashed into the Pentagon, etc. Some of the film's historical information is correct, but its conspiracy theory regarding 9/11 seems cobbled together with a mixture of unsubstantiated speculation, paranoia and pseudoscience.

Bredon Clay of DeKalb, Ill., writes suggesting "Loose Change" believers read an article in the March 2005 Popular Mechanics, which decisively demolishes the conspiracy theories (you can Google “Popular Mechanics 9/11” and click on the first link). On the same list are replies to the magazine's arguments. Another widespread conspiracy claim is that United 93 landed safely at Hopkins Airport in Cleveland. If it did, how can we account for the fact that all of the relatives of those on board believe it crashed? What happened to the survivors?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

C'mon, A-head, Ebert's part of the cover-up. Open up your mind, friend! :roll: :mrgreen:

Ebert doesn't even have the fat folds to cover-up last week's popcorn spills anymore... :mrgreen:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Ebert doesn't even have the fat folds to cover-up last week's popcorn spills anymore... :mrgreen:
Speaking of Roger:
Roger Ebert to have more cancer surgery
The Associated Press
Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic Roger Ebert, who has battled cancer in recent years, will undergo cancer surgery again, according to a published report.

In Thursday's Chicago Sun-Times, where Ebert has been the movie critic for nearly 40 years, columnist Robert Feder reported that Ebert will have surgery June 16 to remove a cancerous growth on his salivary gland.

"It's not life threatening, and I expect to make a full recovery," the 63-year-old critic and host of the nationally syndicated movie review show, "Ebert & Roeper," told Feder. "I'll continue to function as a film critic during this time."

Ebert has undergone cancer surgery three times before — once in 2002 to remove a malignant tumor on his thyroid gland and twice on his salivary gland the next year.

But Feder reported that Ebert is not expected to require radiation treatment as he did when he underwent the previous procedures.

"This is known as a slow-growing and persistent cancer," Ebert said. "You live with it."

Ebert recently returned from the Cannes Film Festival in France. He said he plans to tape enough shows with Sun-Times columnist Richard Roeper that the program will continue to air during his recovery.

Ebert has been a film critic at the Chicago Sun-Times since 1967. He won the Pulitzer Prize for criticism in 1975.
Man, fourth cancer surgery... Hope he'll be OK.

No shit, best wishes to Ebert... I though he got a stomach staple, had no idea it was cancer! That blows.

Buy it yourself and find out.

Alexhead wrote:No shit, best wishes to Ebert... I though he got a stomach staple, had no idea it was cancer! That blows.
He's now had complications:
Movie critic Ebert in serious but stable condition after surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — Film critic Roger Ebert’s wife reported he was doing well after an emergency operation to repair complications from a previous cancer surgery.

Ebert, famous for his “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” critiques, was in serious but stable condition Monday at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Richard Roeper — co-host of the “Ebert and Roeper” movie review show — told the newspaper that Ebert’s vital signs appeared to be good after the hours-long operation.

Ebert had surgery June 16 to remove a cancerous growth on his salivary gland. He told Sun-Times columnist Robert Feder at the time that the condition was not life-threatening and he expected to make a full recovery.

About 8 p.m. Saturday, a blood vessel burst near the site of the operation, the Sun-Times reported. A Northwestern Memorial Hospital spokeswoman declined to comment Monday afternoon.

Since this thread has become our catch-all for 9/11 and conspiracy theories in general... Just saw an ad for Ollie Stone's 9/11 movie. It's rated PG-13! I think that's a first for the old guy.

Hope it's good. I'd like to see Ollie reclaim some old glory, his legacy has become quite tarnished in recent years.

A 20-minute preview reportedly went over well at Cannes this spring.

Damn it, I'm working day shifts this week. This is too friggin' early for me. Normally I'm only getting out of bed right about now. :evil:

Ah, the good old days of sleeping until noon. Careful, you knock up one of those little bible belt babes and you'll soon find yourself being roused at 6:15 every morning by your kid like I am.

Alexhead wrote:Ah, the good old days of sleeping until noon. Careful, you knock up one of those little bible belt babes and you'll soon find yourself being roused at 6:15 every morning by your kid like I am.
hahaha, yeah AFTER several months of being awakened every 2-4 hours.

Alexhead wrote:Ah, the good old days of sleeping until noon. Careful, you knock up one of those little bible belt babes and you'll soon find yourself being roused at 6:15 every morning by your kid like I am.
Hence why I am in no hurry to leave the bachelor ranks. I need my sleep more than a screaming kid. :twisted: